LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

Tbh, Lawrence is overrated in AH. I think most just want her to get a nom because of the personal love and Lawsbianism, but im telling you Margot Robbie knocked it out of the park in Wolf. She was much more believable as a Yankee housewife and never once was over the top, and look at her filmography, thats not the performance you expected. She deserves it much more than Jennifer. The "mommy/daddy" scene was perfection. Jlaw is a great actress and not to take away from her AH performance, but looking in retrospect, it wasnt Oscar worthy. Margot Robbie's was IMO.

Edited by Jandrew

Of the few Lawrence fans I've run into, they don't seem to respond very positively when talking about something negative involving her.

I don't like hearing bad things about her unless they're warranted. I personally don't think she should have won her oscar for SLP, but hey I'll take it. Dissing her in CF though or in movies she's good in will piss me off. :)

• Like 1

Of the few Lawrence fans I've run into, they don't seem to respond very positively when talking about something negative involving her.

LOL It's not just Lawrence fans. Most fans react like this. That's just the way it is. I remember when Snowman and The Huntsman was being released Kristin Stewart's fans would swarm you if you said something negative about her.

• Like 1

I haven't seen her in AH yet since I haven't seen the movie yet.

I haven't seen her in AH yet but I have seen the movie. I just ran out of the room every time she came on screen and a buddy told me when it was safe to come back in.

I don't like hearing bad things about her unless they're warranted. I personally don't think she should have won her oscar for SLP, but hey I'll take it. Dissing her in CF though or in movies she's good in will piss me off. :)

That cause your a hungerfan not a lasbian, pure and simple.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I hated everything about American Hustle and fell asleep for 5 minutes. Each to their own.Amy Adams' accent has to get a razzie nom, surely? I hate that Americans think people in England sound like that. Haha.

... It was a fake accent.

• Like 3

Well that's the kicker... YOU don't. Very possible that the industry may disagree with you. They might not, but we don't know that.

I'm not talking about myself though; I'm saying looking at recent winners, I don't see what Lawrence's performance in American Hustle's appeal to the Academy

Yeah because the Academy is notorious for giving awards to subtle performances... This is exactly the kind of performance the industry loves to go for, especially when it comes to actresses. Just look at the past winners. It's surprising, on the other hand, how well she's doing with critics.

Last year:

Daniel Day-Lewis

Jennifer Lawrence

Christoph Waltz

Anne Hathaway

I'd argue all of those, except Hathaway, were subtle performances