druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Dawn of the Dead

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

Watchmen

300/Sucker Punch

Man of $h*t

Flip this list completely, and that would be my rankings.

The issue I have seen is that a lot of people seem to be confusing their reaction to MoS as the general public's reaction. I loved MoS, seen it 4 times in theaters and thrice more on DVD. Can't wait for the teamup movie in 2015 either. 

Edited by grim22

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

:lol:

I think Lo Pan may be the greatest villain of all the time. Along with Shooter McGavin.

• Like 1

STID is not a B minus movie lol. I don't get the hate that has. 

It felt like something that would have come out of the WGA Strike; i.e. trailers made it look like Skyfall but it was just Quantum of Solace.

I enjoyed it though, the characters are too fun not to.

A 2:20 film that manages to have its main character not once form a complete non-reactionary thought is quite the achievement indeed.

It's something that I thought only Bay was capable of, but Bay isn't toying with some of my favorite characters. 

A Transformers movie is mindless action? I don't give a shit, entertain me. 

A Superman movie is mindless action? Get the fuck out. 

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if the general audience response to Watchmen turned him into a worse filmmaker. Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen each had plenty of merits. Not so much everything that followed. 

I just think he is very much like Shyamalan. Both good directors with a strong tone of their own, who were initially overhyped with their intial(in Snyder's case, initial-ish) successes, but then were victims of backlash once it became apparent they needed strong scripts to be good (and GA and fanboys felt betrayed as they thought they were all-powerful).