druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Well, at least you have the burning satisfaction that Frozen is the biggest movie of Holiday 2013 :D

I love Frozen and all and think it's run was much more impressive...But Catching Fire was technically the biggest movie of the Holiday season.
  • Like 3

It would have been better if they filled the entire thing with tweets.

That's what I'm thinking. It looks like they couldn't find any tweets with anything nice to say about the film so they just settled on Scott mentioning the album. Weird.

• Like 1

I love Frozen and all and think it's run was much more impressive...But Catching Fire was technically the biggest movie of the Holiday season.

True enough.

Frozen earned more from Thanksgiving to New Years, though. (something like 256 vs 187 or so.)

Edited by DamienRoc

I don't normally think weather has a large effect on movie grosses.

However, if it leads to theater closures, yes, that would put a dent in things.

So i'd expect drops next weekend to be softer than normal?

I saw the trailer for Transcendence and wow, Johnny Depp actually looked fairly tame to how he's been lately.  Johnny Depp is a great actor when he's tame, but when he goes Jack Sparrow it only works when he's Jack Sparrow...