druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

12 Years a Slave. What a powerful experience. Michael Fassbender was amazing. How is he not in contention for a nomination for Best Supporting Actor?

EDIT: Just saw he is nominated for the Golden Globes. My mistake. He totally deserves it!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

It's amazing what can happen to some actors if they keep hanging around.  Jared Leto has the IT boy back when he first broke into Hollywood.  From 1998 to 2000, he was in 9 films and some very big productions like Fight Club and Thin Red Line. Then he just seemed to disappear into obscurity.  Now he does DBC and it looks like he will win the Oscar.  Good for him.

• Like 3

CJohn: Man, Chiwetel Ejiofer was fantastic! I'm outraged no one thinks he's worthy of a nomination!

CJohn: I was BLOWN away by Sandra Bullock in Gravity... it's a travesty that she's not being considered for any awards.

CJohn: Amy Adams! What a great job in American Hustle. I wish she'd turn up in the Academy radar.

• Like 3

You really didn't praise it all that much in your review.

I tend to be pretty brief with my reviews. :lol: I grade on a relatively un-curved scale, so C means average, middle of the road, mediocre. B means above average, A means well above average, excellent.

With LS, I thought the early scenes are pretty weak and hamstrung by Berg's total hero worship. The giant action scene that's the bulk of the movie is very well staged and impressive and intense, and I was surprised at how emotional the ending actually was (and that, against my expectations, it earned it).

CJohn: Man, Chiwetel Ejiofer was fantastic! I'm outraged no one thinks he's worthy of a nomination!

CJohn: I was BLOWN away by Sandra Bullock in Gravity... it's a travesty that she's not being considered for any awards.

CJohn: Amy Adams! What a great job in American Hustle. I wish she'd turn up in the Academy radar.

Didn't really cared for Chiwetel, he was fine, and that is it.  :ph34r:

Never thought of Sandra's performance as Oscar worthy.

Haven't seen AH.

<_<