Punishment

Weekend Actuals 1/3-1/5

I saw AH for the 2nd time yesterday(theater was evacuated the 1st time after watching 70% of the movie). I loved it. What I already seen before still seemed engrossing. Crowd reaction was very good throughout. The music is amazing and goes great with the scenes.

Edited by a2knet

Y'all act like Bay has never given presentations before. What do you think pitching a movie is?

Do you pitch movies in front of a thousand people? Isn't that normally just a small room of execs? You make a good point, but if you aren't used to it making presentations to that many people (probably reporters for tech sites and stuff so they expect you to know your shit) then I imagine it could become an entirely different situation.

Like just read the comments on the video, people are just using this as an excuse to talk shit about the guy. If this were someone with more internet prestige like Nolan or Cameron people would probably be more supportive.

• Like 1

Do you pitch movies in front of a thousand people? Isn't that normally just a small room of execs? You make a good point, but if you aren't used to it making presentations to that many people (probably reporters for tech sites and stuff so they expect you to know your shit) then I imagine it could become an entirely different situation.Like just read the comments on the video, people are just using this as an excuse to talk shit about the guy. If this were someone with more internet prestige like Nolan or Cameron people would probably be more supportive.

People like Nolan and Cameron prepare and practice their presentations. If anything, pitching a movie is even more stressful. Yes, there are fewer people, but there's much more on the line for you. Here, Bay's task was to come in, read a couple sentences about how cool filmmaking is and some marketing buzzspeak for Samsung. When the promoters failed, he used his get out of jail free card. It wasn't an antagonistic audience. At that point, literally all he had to do was say a couple things about movies and that's it. The Samsung guy was clearly willing and trying to give him a talking point or two. But Bay panicked and left. That's maybe an understandable instinctive reaction, but all it shows is that he (and/or the Samsung team) woefully underprepared for the segment. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

People like Nolan and Cameron prepare and practice their presentations. If anything, pitching a movie is even more stressful. Yes, there are fewer people, but there's much more on the line for you. Here, Bay's task was to come in, read a couple sentences about how cool filmmaking is and some marketing buzzspeak for Samsung. When the promoters failed, he used his get out of jail free card. It wasn't an antagonistic audience. At that point, literally all he had to do was say a couple things about movies and that's it. The Samsung guy was clearly willing and trying to give him a talking point or two.But Bay panicked and left. That's maybe an understandable instinctive reaction, but all it shows is that he (and/or the Samsung team) woefully underprepared for the segment.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trashing Nolan or Cameron, I'm just saying if it happened to them I doubt that many people would be using it as insult fuel. Yeah, they probably would have been more prepared though.

I just don't think he deserves shit for this like a lot of people seem to be giving him. I mean who knows, maybe the guy has social anxiety with crowds or something.

Edited by Mango

It is  fucking cold outside. I just helped my brother and my dad get one of our cars out of a snow drift for an hour, and I can't feel anything right now basically. The wind chill here is like -55 and it's awful

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trashing Nolan or Cameron, I'm just saying if it happened to them I doubt that many people would be using it as insult fuel. Yeah, they probably would have been more prepared though.

I just don't think he deserves shit for this like a lot of people seem to be giving him. I mean who knows, maybe the guy has social anxiety with crowds or something.

I'm not really trying to knock him too hard. But honestly, if he makes that commitment to make the appearance, he owes it to Samsung to be a bit better prepared (and they owe it to him to make sure he's prepared).

I mean, seriously, after it all went pear-shaped, all he had to do was say "Filmmaking is all about passion, and that's what Samsung's about. And their passion has led to some amazing new technology. Here's Mr. Blah-Blah to tell you more."

I'm not really trying to knock him too hard. But honestly, if he makes that commitment to make the appearance, he owes it to Samsung to be a bit better prepared (and they owe it to him to make sure he's prepared).

I mean, seriously, after it all went pear-shaped, all he had to do was say "Filmmaking is all about passion, and that's what Samsung's about. And their passion has led to some amazing new technology. Here's Mr. Blah-Blah to tell you more."

Can't believe there is no video edit of Michael Bay walking off and then the stage exploding. Or is it too obvious a joke even for the internet.

• Like 1

Its out in plenty of countries including Finland.

I have no idea, but it did quite well in France, was even #1 for a week.

Could be a sign of a good oversea total.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Oh no it wasn't you I was referring to, it was the previous people who said things more along the lines of "this proves Bay is shit" something and the comments I see everywhere else this is posted.

But yeah, I agree with you there. Bay should have rebounded and at least tried to turn it over to the Samsung speaker. But the fact that he didn't just kind of proves that all these big actors and directors are just human and fuck up sometimes just like the rest of us.

Edited by Mango