Olive

Tuesday Numbers - WOWS 1.95M, Frozen 1.9M(300M!), DOS 1.57M,

You didn't need to fix that. The 350 million mark is accurate, and it emphasizes how good Catching Fire's performance really is.

Unless I am crazy, it is harder to increase over 400 than over 350. To increase over 350 is great, but to increase over 400 is astonishing.

What previous series had a movie gross 350M+ and then have its sequel increase?

For that reason I wanted to point that. 408 million is now the mark to beat this achievement. 350 is low compared to what THG has done.

Frozen has definitely gone from a kids film to a full blown all ages film.  If you look at all the other kids films, they all dropped, just like last year.  Frozen didn't.  So it is definitely not behaving like it should.  350 is toast, 400 is very probably imo.

I'm hoping for a billion WW  :ph34r:

Just saw Saving Mr. Banks. Very good. It's right though that Hanks isn't getting play for Supporting Actor, he's solid but nothing too spectacular. Emma Thompson was brilliant as was Newman's score.

Fact: Giamatti and especially Farrell are better than Hanks in SMB

Note how I said pretty much and explained about the theater quality viewing.

But "pretty much" is still basically entirely wrong... and regardless of "quality viewing" hundreds and hundreds of millions of people chose to watch movies on VHS since, oh, about 1981 or so.

So I'm really unclear on what you're trying to say.

• Like 3

Frozen has definitely gone from a kids film to a full blown all ages film.  If you look at all the other kids films, they all dropped, just like last year.  Frozen didn't.  So it is definitely not behaving like it should.  350 is toast, 400 is very probably imo.

Agreed. Following Tangled's drops it would finish with 443. Asuming it is extremely difficult to follow the same pattern, it still has a good chance of reaching 400. Who would have said in June that could exist a slim chance that IM3 could rank 3rd of the year in US :ph34r:

• Like 1

But "pretty much" is still basically entirely wrong... and regardless of "quality viewing" hundreds and hundreds of millions of people chose to watch movies on VHS since, oh, about 1981 or so.

So I'm really unclear on what you're trying to say.

Attendance is lower now than when FOTR came out, some factors such as the ones I mentioned earlier have contributed to more ways of watching high quality versions of movies at home.  

So therefore it was stupid of Shpongle to try to diminish CF's success by comparing it to FOTR/TTT adjusted.

• Like 2

Well the one thing to remember is raising ticket prices-more people are willing to wait till the dollar run or home video now.

Now back in the mid 90s vhs tend to come out 7 months after the release. By the early 2000's they were about 3-4 months.