grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

You're saying that like I didn't track them. :PIt's not like I didn't appreciate their grosses, but after a significant milestone they stopped being that interesting. (TITANIC after passing ET, etc).

I never thought about it before but Avatar was a whole lot less interesting to track when it passed Titanic. Fortunately for Frozen it never has to worry about passing any of the biggest box office successes of all time. :D

• Like 1

At least it's better than Algren asking about whatever the current Stallone movie is making in Slovenia in its 6th weekend there.

Yeah, the only thing I remember from the Expendables run. Algren on every fucking daily thread asking for the Expendables numbers, which were under 100k.

• Like 1

You're saying that like I didn't track them. :PIt's not like I didn't appreciate their grosses, but after a significant milestone they stopped being that interesting. (TITANIC after passing ET, etc).

And I'm waiting for it to pass DM2 so that's my significant milestone.  :P

You guys need to take a break from box office for a while now if you think that Titanic and Avatar weren't interesting runs.

Oh they definitely were, but Avatar did become kinda boring once it passed Titanic. I wasn't old enough to follow Titanic's run at the time so I can't say how interesting it was back then. I'd imagine very.

And what a milestone that would be! Becoming the biggest animated movie of one year in cinematic history! Truly it is a box office phenom. ;)

Biggest animation ever in single run. Yep, that's Frozen when it hits 340M so yeah it is a BO phenom.   :P

• Like 1

You guys need to take a break from box office for a while now if you think that Titanic and Avatar weren't interesting runs.

My interest in box office is swings and roundabouts. I wasnt really paying attention when Avengers was kicking ass either.

Biggest animation ever in single run. Yep, that's Frozen when it hits 340M so yeah it is a BO phenom.   :P

You mean biggest grossing animated non-sequel single run. Notice how convoluted of a title that is? There's like 3 specifications in there, lol. Not as if they're gonna plaster that title on the Blu-Ray box art. :lol:

The ugly truth of it is it likely won't even be one of the top 100 biggest single runs in box office history, so it's hardly a phenom.

Edited by MovieMan89

Not just box office, but both movies were visually interesting, I just wish I could say the same thing about the story.

• Like 1

The one thing that kept TITANIC interesting far longer than expected was it kept beating new releases. If FROZEN was beating LS today, that would be interesting.

Yeah, there was the week where it was up in the air whether Leo was going to replace himself at #1 with Man in the Iron Mask, Titanic won by just 300K. With Titanic, it had ten $20 million weekends and even after it had passed Star Wars unadjusted it was still #1, so that kept it fun to follow.

• Like 1

Trivia question for all of you.

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, what was Titanic's highest grossing day, how much did it make, and what day into it's run was it?  The answer is remarkable and perhaps something we will never see again.  

• Like 1

You mean biggest grossing animated non-sequel single run. Notice how convoluted of a title that is? There's like 3 specifications in there, lol. Not as if they're gonna plaster that title on the Blu-Ray box art. :lol:

The ugly truth of it is it likely won't even be one of the top 100 biggest single runs in box office history, so it's hardly a phenom.

lol, man. You've been underplaying it from the beginning so it's going to be nice to see you decked out in Frozen sig/avatar after it crushes DM2.  :P

• Like 1