Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

The difference now is she's getting nominations for films and performances that aren't really worthy imo and apparently in many other's opinions.  Did you see AH?  She was not very good in it and at the very least, she is not Oscar worthy.  IMO, I could name off 10 other supporting performances that were better than hers this year.

I agree, I do like JL but she didn't even deserve the Oscar for SLP and she definitely doesn't deserve a nod for AH. Chastain performance in ZDT was much better than JL's.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim was robbed, it was probably the most complex movie CGI wise this year along with the technical challenges and hurdles of Gravity.

Pacific Rim looked pretty shitty most of the time. Only one action scene looked good. It didn't deserve a nod.

For some reason I see her winning.  The Oscars seem to be in love with Hustle this year.

No. Blanshitto's had it locked since Streep's film didn't do so well. Her only legitimate competition was if August wowed at Tiff, which it didn't. It's going to be a landslide of epic proportions almost a la Mirren with The Queen. I see 40+ percent voting Blanshitto. 

But that is your opinion. Other people have other opinions. And there is also many people that loved her in the movie and thought she was the best thing.

ew. That's a horrid (and probably wrong) opinion. :P But really, she was awful beyond measure. "laaaaaaaaaaaady eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedith greeeeeeeeeeeeeeenly." It sounded like banshees. 

Pacific Rim was robbed, it was probably the most complex movie CGI wise this year along with the technical challenges and hurdles of Gravity.

That category is weak this year. I liked Lone Ranger more than most but the effects work on the trains and stuff wasn't anything to scream baout. And even though I knew Iron Man 3 was happening it's still such "been there done that" work.

I can just see a clandestine conversation with 6-8 Academy members and Russell from last year.

(6-8 academy members, in masks of ferocious animals like lions, tigers, bears and coyotes): Mr Russell, come sit down

Russell: Yes?

Academy members:  We are just here to tell you that you are not winning anything this year except JLAW will win for her performance.

Russell:  Ok, well, that's too bad.

AM:  Yes, we have to give it to Argo this year and we have to give Lincoln some love too.  But the good news is, no matter what you put out next year, you will win.

Russell:  Really?  That's great....I actually have this new film I'm working on called Ame....

AM:  No need to tell us about it.  Next year is yours.  We like sLP but it's not the kind of film we give awards to.  But next year, well 2014 is the year of Russell.

Russell:  Thank you so much oh wise Merovingian Academy members.

AM:  You are welcome, now please accept our consolation prize.  Indulge is these 12 whores, they are here for your pleasure.

Russell:  Fuckin A....let's GOOOO!

That's exactly how it happened.

• Like 6

That category is weak this year. I liked Lone Ranger more than most but the effects work on the trains and stuff wasn't anything to scream baout. And even though I knew Iron Man 3 was happening it's still such "been there done that" work.

I would've liked to see PR get a nomination, but there was more going on in LR than just the obvious stuff.