google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | Delayed again | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Macleod said:

It's done...until it's not.  Most certainly there will be some more tinkering, now.  I just wish the original cut that exists at this moment could be preserved...

How likely is that to happen though if they've already delivered the final 2D and Dolby Vision masters and are working through the home video release? If this decision to delay came even two or three weeks earlier then sure. But now between it having happened so close - days away - from final delivery and Cary's and others' other projects they're no doubt booked into following Bond, and not to mention additional $$$ to do any major production changes beyond the 50m they'll already write off P&A wise, I would honestly be shocked if there's any more tinkering done between now and November.

 

Such a late move of a film is really quite unprecedented...

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, antovolk said:

How likely is that to happen though if they've already delivered the final 2D and Dolby Vision masters and are working through the home video release? If this decision to delay came even two or three weeks earlier then sure. But now between it having happened so close - days away - from final delivery and Cary's and others' other projects they're no doubt booked into following Bond, and not to mention additional $$$ to do any major production changes beyond the 50m they'll already write off P&A wise, I would honestly be shocked if there's any more tinkering done between now and November.

 

Such a late move of a film is really quite unprecedented...

Anything's possible. No expense is spared when dealing with a $250+ tentpole. 

 

I'm not talking about reshoots, by the way (although paranoid online fanboys are already assuming that)...rather simply changes in the edit/post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, MGM and EON's decision to move NTTD's release is looking more prophetic and wise by the day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 4:38 AM, Burgess said:

Unfortunately, MGM and EON's decision to move NTTD's release is looking more prophetic and wise by the day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Only guy in the industry just as wise as Bob Iger, who saw what was happening in CHina, knew it would most likely spread to the US, and decided  screw it, I don't want to have to deal with this, and retired a year early as CEO of Disney.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe by late summer we’ll know whether NTTD has a shot at being the only billion dollar film in 2020.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why though?

Because of covid, I assume. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Because of covid, I assume. 

Yeah, I'm expecting a 2nd wave in Oct/Nov too but has there been some new data that's made the chances of that more likely or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be wrong, but this was the first movie to delay, right? First that I was aware of anyway. Smart move by them to ensure a good release date still. I was sweet critical of the move initially, see were how fast this has gotten out of hand... I dont blame them

Edited by cheesypoofs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cheesypoofs said:

I may be wrong, but this was the first movie to delay, right?

Yes

 

1 minute ago, cheesypoofs said:

Smart move by them to ensure a good release date still.

Hopefully

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For now a solid release date. Thanksgiving would make a killing off of this. If this gets moved due to covid-19 worsening in the fall(If that happened... we don’t know) I’d say the first quarter needs some blockbuster lovin’ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

For now a solid release date. Thanksgiving would make a killing off of this. If this gets moved due to covid-19 worsening in the fall(If that happened... we don’t know) I’d say the first quarter needs some blockbuster lovin’ 

Given MGM has basically nothing else apart from Bond, they may have no choice but to VOD if theatres don't reopen in November. Even Universal, given how they're leading the charge on PVOD at the moment, might be okay with this. Only people who might not be are EON/the producers.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Given MGM has basically nothing else apart from Bond, they may have no choice but to VOD if theatres don't reopen in November. Even Universal, given how they're leading the charge on PVOD at the moment, might be okay with this. Only people who might not be are EON/the producers.

Do the producers have a say in how a movie should be distributed though? Like could EON prevent No Time to Die from releasing?

Edited by lorddemaxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Do the producers have a say in how a movie should be distributed though? Like could EON prevent No Time to Die from releasing?

They wield a lot of power (particularly over marketing)...but basically the money is MGM's - according to Variety they financed the film entirely, as opposed to previous Craig films where Sony co-financed in exchange for global distribution. So final say is really with them. Plus EON might not mind so much to finally have the film out there instead of delaying it a whole year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Given MGM has basically nothing else apart from Bond, they may have no choice but to VOD if theatres don't reopen in November. Even Universal, given how they're leading the charge on PVOD at the moment, might be okay with this. Only people who might not be are EON/the producers.

Maybe, but everyone is in the same position. With theme parks, movie theaters and current productions all shut down is Disney or Universal in any better position than MGM right now? If MGM’s plan is to use NTTD as leverage for a sale then sitting on a billion dollar earner with hundreds of millions in downstream media potential makes sense when it’s your only blockbuster. Unlike Disney and Uni, MGM isn’t juggling $100m+ loans for a half dozen (or more) unreleased films.

Given worldwide events, January - March 2021 may be just as viable as April 2020 (pandemic notwithstanding) if NTTD has to move again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Given MGM has basically nothing else apart from Bond, they may have no choice but to VOD if theatres don't reopen in November. Even Universal, given how they're leading the charge on PVOD at the moment, might be okay with this. Only people who might not be are EON/the producers.

Maybe, but everyone is in the same position. With theme parks, movie theaters and current productions all shut down is Disney or Universal in any better position than MGM right now? If MGM’s plan is to use NTTD as leverage for a sale then sitting on a billion dollar earner with hundreds of millions in downstream media potential makes sense when it’s your only blockbuster. Unlike Disney and Uni, MGM isn’t juggling $100m+ loans for a half dozen (or more) unreleased films.

Given worldwide events, January - March 2021 may be just as viable as April 2020 (pandemic notwithstanding) if NTTD has to move again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Burgess said:


Maybe, but everyone is in the same position. With theme parks, movie theaters and current productions all shut down is Disney or Universal in any better position than MGM right now? If MGM’s plan is to use NTTD as leverage for a sale then sitting on a billion dollar earner with hundreds of millions in downstream media potential makes sense when it’s your only blockbuster. Unlike Disney and Uni, MGM isn’t juggling $100m+ loans for a half dozen (or more) unreleased films.

Given worldwide events, January - March 2021 may be just as viable as April 2020 (pandemic notwithstanding) if NTTD has to move again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all a question of how much do they need the cashflow from NTTD and how soon, given the film's already been through 3 release date changes now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.