grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

The premise of Lucy intrigued the average Joe and Jane.

Scarjo didn t do any promo for the film whatsoever. Almost none, an interview or two, she didn t attend any premieres.

She was ending her pregnancy and the worldwide press has been done by Luc Besson himself.

You said they would be happy with 460M doesn't matter if the budget is 250M or not with those number DW wouldn't be happy.

The budget isn't going to be 260m.

If it's 120m, though, which is more likely...yeah they'll be fucking happy.

I don't know what you're exactly thinking is expected of this movie, but it's clearly higher than the people making it think or need.

Edited by kowhite

The budget isn't going to be 260m.

If it's 120m, though, which is more likely...yeah they'll be fucking happy.

I don't know what you're exactly thinking is expected of this movie, but it's clearly higher than the people making it think or need.

Really? :stooges: First I said 250M not 260M secondly not the point, read what you originally said. You said with 460M DW would be happy and I said with a 250M budget they won't be.

Really? :stooges: First I said 250M not 260M secondly not the point, read what you originally said. You said with 460M DW would be happy and I said with a 250M budget they won't be.

Well sure, but the budget isn't going to be anywhere near that. You also said or not.

They can't afford that.

Edited by kowhite

Well sure, but the budget isn't going to be anywhere near that. You also said or not.

They can't afford that.

My bad on the not, but you don't know that the budget won't be. How do you know how much they can afford?  Again with a 250M or a 225M with a 460M total wouldn't be good for DW.

My bad on the not, but you don't know that the budget won't be. How do you know how much they can afford? Again with a 250M or a 225M with a 460M total wouldn't be good for DW.

I just...

Have a feeling...

But yes, you're right...if it costs that much, 460m isn't good enough. Sorry...450m.

Edited by kowhite

No. The major MOTOKO KUSANAGI is definetely japanese. And anime is a stylization, considering most japanese have a twisted racial fetish for caucasian traits or whatever (like blue eyes are caucasian only...sigh) because it is exotic but it's a kind of ideal they project themselves onto. It represents themselves. Unless it is specifically mentioned, the characters aren't caucasian but japanese. And she's not blonde.

(japanese girls can bleach their hair too)

You're kind of missing the point of the character. Just because she's Japanese doesn't mean she has to look Japanese.

My bad on the not, but you don't know that the budget won't be. How do you know how much they can afford?  Again with a 250M or a 225M with a 460M total wouldn't be good for DW.

Kowhite.... he's a guy with connections. Connections that mean he's got a good grasp on real numbers, moreso than pretty much everyone here.

You're kind of missing the point of the character. Just because she's Japanese doesn't mean she has to look Japanese.

That's just making the racism of the casting explicit rather than implicit. "She's Japanese but she looks white because reasons" is really skeevy.

• Like 2

Except she's japanese and japanese don't look like Scarjo. Stop justifying the whitewashing by dubious statement. How convenient "she's japanese, created by japanese but she doesn't have to be japanese looking so whitewashing is all right"...That's the same excuse every time foreign material is whitewashed for the masses consumption. I don't miss the point of the character, it's not because she's a cyborg that it makes automatically cool to wash her character ethnically to make her white by default for pseudo-commercial reasons.

If they adapt everything from the ground up from characters names to settings just keeping the title, well okay it's a new interpretation of the original material but keeping the names, the settings and everything that makes it clearly it's a japanese product set in Japan and put Scarjo in the lead is just awful and baffling.