grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

12 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

I'm digging the visuals. Not so much the 10 seconds format, but I don't really care for Marketing, just give us a good movie.

I don't think it can live up to be as good as the original, at least I hope it will try to be different, if not can just watch the anime again.

Eh, I don't think that's a very popular opinion with the fanboys. I mean, have you see the like/dislike ratios on these teasers and the comments? They're nitpicking everything about them lol

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Eh, I don't think that's a very popular opinion with the fanboys. I mean, have you see the like/dislike ratios on these teasers and the comments? They're nitpicking everything about them lol

That's what happens when there is something that exists in a previous format that is well liked, fanboys with their superiority complex lashes out at anything that tries to copy, imitate or adapt that already well established and worshiped previous entry. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

That's what happens when there is something that exists in a previous format that is well liked, fanboys with their superiority complex lashes out at anything that tries to copy, imitate or adapt that already well established and worshiped previous entry. 

Yup, fanboy culture right there.

I used to be like this but I was disapointed so many times that I learned to accept each art piece as its own, even if it's based on another film / book / etc

Of course I'll compare it to the original but I will not die a little inside if the new adaptation is not faithfull to the original...

Not like that time where it rained on Arrakis because Muad'Dib is a REAL Motherfucking Messiah you cocksucking ignorant moronic screenplay writers....

• Like 2

Yes, again I get chills each time Irulan's says "Also known as Dune" and the music kicks off right after your animated signature.

And Yes I like it.

But that ending is exactly what the book denounces and I think the message of the book gets shitted on ... Kindof like with I Robot.

However in Lynch's Dune, it works as a movie. If I want a more clever and thought message I can read the book, if I just want to get chills because of music, sounds and direction I can watch the movie.

Kinda exactly fits my point for Ghost in the Shell, even though in that particular case I already get chills because of music, art direction, voice acting and special effects.

• Like 1

want to like it, but when I look at Scarlet Johansson, I don't see Motoko Kusanagi. I see Scarlet Johansson in a black wig.

It's not appealing to me so far. Maybe when we see a full trailer that will change, but I'm not excited at all right now.

But I am somewhat curious to know what the deal with the Buddhist monks is.

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not really whitewashing if she's a robot.

This looks interesting. Director very influenced by Under the Skin, clearly. 

For me, it's not about whitewashing. I just don't think that animated characters translate well when transferred to a live-action format. I once had similar issues with superhero movies, though this isn't the case anymore.

Whether I like it or not is due to personal reasons, rather than siding with the ones making it a race issue.