luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

Whenever I see the name Haneke, I always think for a split second you are talking about The Blue Jays closer during their World Series years (Tom Henke).

• Like 2

Thinking Haneke's a misspelled Henke is pretty hinky.

Hinky?

Yea, when we don't know something we say Hinky.

I don't want you using words around me that have no meaning, I'm taking the stairs.

How bout bullshit, Sam?  

• Like 1

Cronenberg is one of the all-time greats and I won't hear anything else. Videodrome, The Fly, Dead Ringers, Naked Lunch, Crash, History of Violence (just off the top of my head) - all great, audacious, extremely memorable films. The man not just deserves to be on the list, but he deserves to be like 30 spots higher.

• Like 1

That might actually be his blandest, least involving movie. (the only one that's close is M. Butterfly). I was bored all the way through it, except when I was hating Keira Knightley and her performance.

You wanna discover Cronenberg, just start with his early low-budget gross-out horror flicks (Shivers, Rabid) and just watch everything in chronological order, he's got the perfect filmography to do that with. There'll be a couple of mediocre or even bad movies on the way, but even those will have something going for them. If you're feeling adventurous you could start with his two early student films (Stereo and Crimes of the Future) but you gotta be able to handle that shit. I myself was hardly ever as infuriated with a movie as I was with Crimes of the Future. 

• Like 1

You know that cool image u always see in GIFs of a mans head exploding? Yep that's Cronenbergs Scanners. A really awesome early low budget horror film starring one of the all time great character actors Michael Ringside(Ironside....fuck you auto correct!!!).

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 3

Whenever I see the name Haneke, I always think for a split second you are talking about The Blue Jays closer during their World Series years (Tom Henke).

And when I see the Blue Jays mentioned I remember that my first baseball memory is Joe fucking Carter hitting the home run off Mitch Williams to beat the Phillies in the World Series.
  • Like 1

You know that cool image u always see in GIFs of a mans head exploding? Yep that's Cronenbergs Scanners. A really awesome early low budget horror film starring one of the all time great character actors Michael Ringside.

Or even Michael Ironside. ;)
  • Like 3