luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

Exactly, I fell asleep in Transformers 3 because the movie bored me to death, I don't even like the Rock, so I am fine saying that Bay has never made a good film in his life. I don't care how much work it takes to be a director, hard work (Knowing Bay's personality I highly doubt he works half as hard as 90% of the directors in Hollywood today) doesn't mean shit if the product is shit (And especially as of late, Bay's products are bottom of the heap, offensive dogshit). To be a good director, you need talent, you need vision, you need to be able to get people to cooperate well with you, you need to work hard, and you have to have respect for the story you are telling.  If you have no respect for the stories you are telling then don't expect the audience to respect your movie.  (Michael Bay has no respect for the stories he tells, you can see it with the way he treats his franchise movies, and how he treated Pain and Gain by doing nothing but glorifying crazed murderers )

There is so much wrong with this.
  • Like 1

I agree with this. The only thing I would add is that John G. Avildsen directed Rocky and won the Academy Award for best Director for directing Rocky.

I did vote for John G. Avildsen. Here's hoping that he makes the list.

Hey Walt Disney fan!! Oh cool.. I though Stallone directed  Rocky..My bad. . I know he did write it though. :) Thanks for that update :). Rocky is definitely in my top20 top 30 all time films

another big surprise, especially at this place. but below is one of the greatest silent scenes ever

65. sergei eisenstein - 11 pts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-v-kZzfec

Sergei Mikhailovich Eisenstein (RussianСергей Михайлович ЭйзенштейнIPA: [sʲɪrˈɡʲej mʲɪˈxajləvʲɪt͡ɕ ɪjzʲɪnˈʂtʲejn]; 23 January 1898 – 23 July 1948) was a Soviet Russian film director andfilm theorist, a pioneer in the theory and practice of montage. He is noted in particular for his silent films Strike (1924), Battleship Potemkin (1925) and October (1927), as well as thehistorical epics Alexander Nevsky (1938) and Ivan the Terrible (1944, 1958).

• Like 4

on the other hand, this guy shouldn't be here at all. yes, i'm opinionated when i'm drinkl;'

64. gore verbinski - 11 pts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9zMx2m9BkA

Gregor "Gore" Verbinski (born March 16, 1964) is an American film directorscreenwriter, producer and musician. He is best known for directing the films The Ring, the Pirates of the Caribbean film saga, and Rango. Verbinski is a graduate of UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. His latest film, The Lone Ranger, was released in 2013. Verbinski won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2012 for his animated action-comedy western Rango.

Edited by lisa
  • Like 3

on the other hand, this guy shouldn't be here at all. yes, i'm opinionated when i'm drinkl;'

Gregor "Gore" Verbinski (born March 16, 1964) is an American film directorscreenwriter, producer and musician. He is best known for directing the films The Ring, the Pirates of the Caribbean film saga, and Rango. Verbinski is a graduate of UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. His latest film, The Lone Ranger, was released in 2013. Verbinski won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2012 for his animated action-comedy western Rango.

This guy has a lot of talent. His imagination is so weird but without it, POTC 1-3 just wouldn't have been the same.

• Like 3

You also don't check your facts lol. Verbinski didn't direct POTC 4.

But yeah the guy couldn't direct a bland and ordinary blockbuster to save his life, which IMO makes him valuable even if he misses as often as he hits. And when he hits, he's great. I absolutely love COTBP and Rango.

• Like 1

You also don't check your facts lol. Verbinski didn't direct POTC 4.

But yeah the guy couldn't direct a bland and ordinary blockbuster to save his life, which IMO makes him valuable even if he misses as often as he hits. And when he hits, he's great. I absolutely love COTBP and Rango.

i didn;t even see the numer 4 int he title

• Like 1