luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

It's great to see Walt Disney make the list. I had him very high up on my list, which seems to be what propelled him to his position on this list. I am glad to see Walt Disney get his due. Although, I think that the youtube link posted for him should not have been included.

Also, I am glad to see JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski on the list. Paul Verhoeven should have been higher, but I am just happy that he made the list. The choices were getting pretty bad for awhile.

I have a bad feeling that guys like Robert Wise and Bob Fosse may be in trouble though.

Edited by Walt Disney

the descent is a great horror film. But the ring in my opinion is head and shoulders better than anything that has come out since before the 90s

The Ring was that rare horror that kept me scared, even at the end. I think what helped was not actually seeing people dying, but what they looked like after they did, truly horrifying.

Decent was claustrophobic as well as being scary. I like em both.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

The Ring is not very good. I was scared through some of it, sure, but it's pretty stupid and contrived. 

What's contrived about a video that you watch that causes a phone call that tells you will die in 7 days?  And what's contrived about a dead chick crawling out of a well, out of the TV, only to petrify you to death?

That horror has never been done before.