spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

• Founder / Operator

FROZENFriday - 1276Saturday - 961LEGOFriday - 1201Saturday - 1063

I remember you mentioned that your area had a lot of schools out, so that's a pretty encouraging report. Still, not wanting to set expectations too high... so I'll be quiet*. :)

*For you, CJohn. :P

• Like 2

Well I don't know which feeling is more predominent in me after watching "lone survivor" Shock or dumbfoundness or a mixture of both I seriously don't know if its because of editing but it seems like the us army was sipping margarita while these guys were being hunted down and shot up 6 ways to heaven Off to RTM , perplexed too !

I remember you mentioned that your area had a lot of schools out, so that's a pretty encouraging report. Still, not wanting to set expectations too high... so I'll be quiet*. :)*For you, CJohn. :P

Yeah, I think it would have had a nice increase had schools not been out yesterday.
  • Like 1

I'm writing an article for LEGO on Monday. I'll take any and all double entendres that I can get.

So... you are looking to stack up on puns about how The Lego Movie may be a real block-buster? Well, I can tell you that movie was not very edgy, and instead had a lot of plot pieces which seamlessly fit together. The movie tells us to lego of our pre-conceptions when we walk into the theater and instead to build up our anticipation with each passing scene. Somehow everything just snaps together and 

the twist

is very well built up.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I still find it funny how parents can't take their kids to schools on snow days, but they can take them to go see the LEGO movie.

It's about liability.  Schools close down simply because if any accident happened the school would take the blame (and lawsuits).  Parents taking their kids to movies on snow days are largely on their own for any mishap.

• Like 1

Finally got around to seeing Lone Survivor. I really cant find a thing to complain about. Berg did a good job connecting us with the characters emotionally and with a movie like this that was very important. Yes, I even felt for T Kirsch. Great movie all around. SMD Talibannn.Ps. If youre into books or whatever, read Malala. I have too for class, but its pretty good, and seeing LS makes me like it even more now. The Pakistani girl who wrote it was only 16 when she got it published. SMD Taliban.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

I got a trailer for "Lemurs of Madagascar" before my showing of Lego. The 3D in the trailer was awesome. It is apparently an IMAX 3D exclusive release by WB.

The other trailers were:

Mr. Peabody and Sherman - Good trailer, not sure if it will be big though

Dorothy Return to Oz (or some such): What the hell was this? And why would Lea Michele be the mainname advertised? She seemed to hit a peak 2 years ago.

Planes: Fire and Rescue - Can't believe Planes made enough to justify a sequel

TASM2 - Looks good on the big screen and the 3D isn't bad at all. 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I got a trailer for "Lemurs of Madagascar" before my showing of Lego. The 3D in the trailer was awesome. It is apparently an IMAX 3D exclusive release by WB.

The other trailers were:

Dorothy Return to Oz (or some such): What the hell was this? And why would Lea Michele be the mainname advertised? She seemed to hit a peak 2 years ago.

this was an atrocious trailer. par with/worse than Nut Job.

The other trailers were:

Dorothy Return to Oz (or some such): What the hell was this? And why would Lea Michele be the main name advertised? She seemed to hit a peak 2 years ago.

Seriously the animation looks awful. I was sitting there wondering why the hell this Direct To DVD film was being shown before a big time release?

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum