Shawn Robbins

Saturday #s pg 19 ROAE 16.4,MRP 14.4,NS 7.1,LM 5.4

Clearly Nikki didn't see the January Jones episode (so bad they didn't even have her do the goodnights at the end, and NBC never showed a rerun of it) and doesn't watch SNL much, because it's been worse just earlier this season. I don't even like Lena Dunham, but any SNL with Liam Neeson and Jon Hamm cameos in the same episode can't be a complete waste of time.

That has to be the top end of expectations for a 300 sequel that came five years too late and (obviously) didn't have the hype or most of the characters from before.

The Liam Neeson bit was good, but Nikki was right about the repulsive Lena Dunham.  She was completely unfunny, but she's never anything but unfunny.  Her whole existence on HBO is bizarre.  The show gets anemic ratings and HBO has dumped other shows with higher ratings.  But somehow, she's the voice of a generation?  

Steep drop for LEGO from last week, I was really hoping this would cross $300m but the holds just haven't been there and competition is only increasing.

i think Peabody targeted nearly exactely the same demographic and since it didnt do that badly LEGO suffered...

Edited by chuck0

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke 7m

Lena Dunham may be one of worst ever hosts of one of worst ever SNL shows.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke 3m

She demonstrates she can't act, can't mimic, can't hold a live audience. That's why she may be one of worst hosts of one of worst SNL shows.

Damn I was lying in bead comfortably on a lazy Sunday morning but I whipped out of there as fast as I could to come praise Nikki for that beautiful statement.

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Posted Image

That prick Lena Dunham needs to be taken down a few notches after being endlessly praised by the hivemind media and who better to do it than Queen Nikki?

Posted Image

The Liam Neeson bit was good, but Nikki was right about the repulsive Lena Dunham.  She was completely unfunny, but she's never anything but unfunny.  Her whole existence on HBO is bizarre.  The show gets anemic ratings and HBO has dumped other shows with higher ratings.  But somehow, she's the voice of a generation?  

Girls has this passionate online fanbase. I remember tweeting about how low rated Girls is and I got attacked by a fan who probably spends his time searching tweets about the show and Lena.

I've only seen Girls' pilot and I didn't like so never watched again, not my kind of show. I don't think it's a comedy even a dark comedy at that. They only classified it as such because its half hour long I guess

To be fair though with how much male-driven Hollywood is, Lena is quite unique to standout since she's directing/producing/writing a show a lot of critics respect.