AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

That has more to do with the gross out rated R humor than it being animation.

This is the End only made 20% of its total overseas.

And? They're still seeing it here, meaning they're not being dissuaded by the grossout humor coming in animated form

Point is the US may not be as evolved as Japan in their perspectives on animated films, but as far as the rest of the world goes they're not that bad

@Tele the Jet Baller this is super late but I've been off for awhile but my apologies. It had been discussed pretty freely with no penalty earlier in the thread so I assumed that was safe grounds, but obviously with the film coming out more people were heading to the thread that had not before. So that's my bad, I understand.

Anyways with the 3.3 mil in previews I think it's safe to say that this will be a breakout hit. Good for Sony... they kind of need it. (the budget that they actually spent was $19 mil btw, I believe another $11 mil was tossed in by another production company)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parkerthegreat said:

Besides Sausage Party and South Park, are there even any other R-rated animated movies?

Yeah, but most of them don't get wide releases. Last one that did before this was Aqua Teen Hunger Force. 

Ralph Bakshi and Bill Plympton are the main guys who've been pushing it in America 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sony just posted this yesterday. It's an advertisement rather than a trailer, but it's pretty funny:

Now that is real advertisement. I can see people catching on to this movie and I think it will do well.

To be entirely fair to dissenters, back in May there was no telling of just how overwhelmingly poisionous the summer 2016 box office was about to get. If certain things were better and did better, I think the tally on Sausage Party may have gone under 40 mil.

This really just happened to be at the right place, at the right time, with a pretty great marketing campaign. Although I think a lion's share of the credit on the marketing side has to go to Rogen himself.

13 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Seth Rogen said that the budget was $27m-$30m.

It was reported by Deadline and other outlets to be $19M. He probably had it at $30M with marketing or before a tax credit of sorts, if that happens with animated films. 

• Like 1