AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

I can not see how this garbage can go well, both at the box office and in the reviews. Strangely this garbage is 90% in the RT, with only 20 reviews released, even though in its week of release in theaters, there is not even a percentage for the "Top Critics". Sony would be manipulating the negative reviews?

In my opinion this movie is an insult to the animation genre, in a year of great successes in the genre, at a time that the animation live your best time, Sony introduces me this garbage.

Some sites even list this shit as a pretender to an Oscar nomination!! :angry:

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Movie theaters should put up signs at the ticket buying window saying that "Sausage Party is Rated R - Children not allowed" just to cover their asses from stupid parents that might take their kids to this.

But to be fair, my movie theater always asks to see ID for rated R movies.

So does mine. I'm going to be in box office a lot this week, and I just know this is how a lot of conversations are going to go

"Hi can I get two adults, two child, and one child under 3 for Sausage Party?"

"for sure, but you do know that the film is rated 18+, so there may be some stuff in there that, you know..."

*dad turns to his kid "hear that buddy, it may be a bit too old for you." 

*kid gets upset "but I wanted to see it!"

*mom and dad look at each other "you know what, might as well, it can't be that bad"

Ten minutes later: same parents come storming out of the theatre "WHERE IS THE PERSON WHO SOLD ME THOSE TICKETS"

I come out into the lobby. "Is everything alright sir?"

"No! It is not alright! We were not warned by the content of this movie in any way, and we would like to see a manager about the incompetence of this theatre!"

Im just saying. Not word for word, but something similar happened when Deadpool opened. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I can not see how this garbage can go well, both at the box office and in the reviews. Strangely this garbage is 90% in the RT, with only 20 reviews released, even though in its week of release in theaters, there is not even a percentage for the "Top Critics". Sony would be manipulating the negative reviews?

In my opinion this movie is an insult to the animation genre, in a year of great successes in the genre, at a time that the animation live your best time, Sony introduces me this garbage.

Lol

at least it isn't a Playmobil movie

Edited by robertman2
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

what grade did you give assuming you already saw it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Im just saying. Not word for word, but something similar happened when Deadpool opened. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.

*Sigh* I get that being a parent is tough and sometimes you want to bend the rules just so he'll shut up for a couple hours, but it just boggles my mind how they can be so willfully ill-informed

• Like 3

Ten minutes later: same parents come storming out of the theatre "WHERE IS THE PERSON WHO SOLD ME THOSE TICKETS"

"No! It is not alright! We were not warned by the content of this movie in any way, and we would like to see a manager about the incompetence of this theatre!"

At least those people didn't wait until seeing the ENTIRE movie before asking for a refund. lol

8 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I will not watch this garbage, even free. Whenever I watch an animation take my wife, and I'm sure this is not a film that she is interested in attending.

Normally I'd scold you for holding onto an extreme snap judgment of a film and refusing to consider the possibility it might actually be good, but I'll let the people who are really looking forward to this handle that

38 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not too anxious to see this one either but, sheesh, someone's got a bone to pick. Seth Rogen eat your dog or something?

Nah, he wants his Playmobil movie that he thinks will do well.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This guy obviously has a thing against hot dog people.

#hotdoglivesmatter

I should eat hot dogs while watching this

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I respect you opinion and all, but if you are going to defend animation you should at least know that animation IS NOT A GENRE, ITS A MEDIUM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

So does mine. I'm going to be in box office a lot this week, and I just know this is how a lot of conversations are going to go

"Hi can I get two adults, two child, and one child under 3 for Sausage Party?"

"for sure, but you do know that the film is rated 18+, so there may be some stuff in there that, you know..."

*dad turns to his kid "hear that buddy, it may be a bit too old for you." 

*kid gets upset "but I wanted to see it!"

*mom and dad look at each other "you know what, might as well, it can't be that bad"

You might mention 'graphic animation' with this one.  If the parents go after that they have no claim they don't know what they are getting into. 

• Like 3

@Nova But does Kevin Spacey turn into a cat?

Either that guy really resented having to pay money to see the movie, or RT is right at having a lead on its main page calling that the worst.

"The movie where Kevin Spacey turns into a cat is the worst." it warns all visitors to the site, on its main page.

Edited by trifle

4 hours ago, Murgatroyd said:

My local(ish) theater chain just put up showtimes for the coming week. Sausage Party is still listed as "opens Friday", but has no showtimes scheduled.

…And they've updated again.  Wow, that's a lot of showtimes.