Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I just want it to be released!!

I am anxiously anticipating what parts of this universe Cameron explores...didn't they say that the ocean life of Pandora would be explored?

Things I'd like to see in the film:

• a deeper exploration of what Eywa means for other characters in the universe. If Eywa is a deity with a whole religion based on her, are there people who turn those religious beliefs into extremism, not unlike most major real-life religions? Are there Na'vi people who would die, kill, or discriminate based on their religious beliefs?
  • I'd also like to see if there are Na'vi who could be considered gay based on our human binary standards for sexuality. How does the Na'Vi culture perceive sexuality? Do they have sociocultural constructs that look down on any non-binary sexual or gender divergence? Do homosexuality and transgenderism (as we perceive it) exist? 
  • A female villain, definitely. 
  • An exploration of Jake's human life on Earth.
  • An update of what's going on on Earth with the whole destroyed echo system thing...
  • Political intrigue on Pandora

I wonder, if Pandora can host life then maybe the planet it revolves around has life as well. You know, they are both in the Goldilocks Zone.

“Christmas of ’17 is the target,” Cameron confirmed of the expected release of Avatar 2. “At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart. I call it a meta-narrative that runs across the three movies. Each film stands alone, but it also tells one much larger story. We have design more or less finished, which is an enormous task. It’s been about a two-year task. (We’ve finished) all the creatures and the landscapes, and the new worlds within the world of Pandora that you see. The writing is ongoing, but almost finished. Technical development is done. Stages are done. Infrastructure. So we’re really poised to start after the first of the year.”

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

“Christmas of ’17 is the target,” Cameron confirmed of the expected release of Avatar 2. “At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart. I call it a meta-narrative that runs across the three movies. Each film stands alone, but it also tells one much larger story. We have design more or less finished, which is an enormous task. It’s been about a two-year task. (We’ve finished) all the creatures and the landscapes, and the new worlds within the world of Pandora that you see. The writing is ongoing, but almost finished. Technical development is done. Stages are done. Infrastructure. So we’re really poised to start after the first of the year.”

This long wait frustrates me to no end, but I am 100 % sure that he is just making sure that the films are perfectly aligned with his vision for them. What I love about Cameron is that he is a masterful storyteller, and he will put as much loving care on his visuals as on the narrative that those visuals support and with which they intertwine. He will never waste a single frame on anything that doesn't propel the story forward in a logical manner. Even in films that are three hours long, he packs them with prime-beef narrative and not a single ounce of fat. Very few directors of major blockbusters are capable of doing that.  And please, don't confuse "complex characterization" (the thing that his scripts allegedly lack...according to his detractors) with storytelling craftsmanship, which is a different thing (although they can certainly overlap). 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

GoT-GIF-3.gif

• Like 3

I don't think AVATAR is particularly good but I would be lying if I said I am not looking forward to exploring Cameron's universe again.

that is, if these actually ever get made. strange that for the biggest movie in the world it's apparently taken 8 years and they still haven't made a sequel.

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I don't think AVATAR is particularly good but I would be lying if I said I am not looking forward to exploring Cameron's universe again.

that is, if these actually ever get made. strange that for the biggest movie in the world it's apparently taken 8 years and they still haven't made a sequel.

And yet James Cameron will break was saga in two lol

9 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Holy fuck Kal.. Jesus.. You're still calling this movie a failure???

bullshit_walterjr.gif

Just kidding but they did spend way more than JPworld and could losee to an underdog franchise if sws os don't pick up.  But actually none of the big franchise failed. The true comeback though was the rise of Jurassic Park franchise.  I know  Disney will be dissapppointed to lose  the ww title to jpw though. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Just kidding but they did spend way more than JPworld and could losee to an underdog franchise if sws os don't pick up.  But actually none of the big franchise failed. The true comeback though was the rise of Jurassic Park franchise.  I know  Disney will be dissapppointed to lose  the ww title to jpw though. 

Force Awakens OS is currently doing significantly better than Jurassic OS. Domestic it is leaps and bounds ahead - over 100M ahead in the first week. How will it "lose worldwide gross to JW"?

Just now, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Force Awakens OS is currently doing significantly better than Jurassic OS. Domestic it is leaps and bounds ahead - over 100M ahead in the first week. How will it "lose worldwide gross to JW"?

Because as each day passes and TFA keeps destroying the box office, it's another day Kal's sanity also continues to be destroyed.