Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

And you do realize tickets for actress were up to 20. It comes down to the money made force won't beat care domestically adjusted by much.  Titanic adjusts to 1.12b domestic. Nice some say avtr2 will make Lotr like runs domestically.  Oh my. 

The first Star Wars sinks Titanic when inflation is counted. 

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Yes I've seen this atrocious movie tele.  6 out of 10. Would have given it higher had they respected OT legends better.  And startrek 09 is a Way better movie without a doubt.  I can't wait to see how the next movies fair 's avtr films and battle angel films lol

Well, on this front I disagree with you, man. :lol: I thought they did a great job with all the legendary characters and vehicles, and I like it more than STAR TREK too. 

Don't have have much hope for BATTLE ANGEL but you know I'm excited about AVATAR 2. 

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If Avatar 2 beats the original WW, I'll donate $100 to the forum and give $20 to Kal. No bet. If it beats it, I'll do it. 

I think it beats the original by at least a billion  if Cameron might is intact by the way.   It's going to be funny if it fly swats past awakens domestically as fast as it eclipses its os tally all.  

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

And you do realize tickets for actress were up to 20. It comes down to the money made force won't beat care domestically adjusted by much.  Titanic adjusts to 1.12b domestic. Nice some say avtr2 will make Lotr like runs domestically.  Oh my. 

Actually we have posts in here from other media that said are sold 85 to 90m tickets.  Wrong again. 

Kal, you've got to provide links, you just can't post numbers and expect people to believe them. redfirebird and spizzer have posted the best breakdown of data for estimated tickets sold that I've seen (certainly a better and closer guess than BOM's blanket quarterly average), and IIRC they both have AVATAR in the 75-80m range. It doesn't benefit as much from the general adjustments because a greater portion of its tickets were sold at premium prices (IMAX and 3D).

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Told it as people are varied.  Avt sold 97 m tickets.  Boom.  Let's see how many as sells lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/3wt5ye/avatar_is_now_at_811m_domestic_adjusted/

First off, TFA will SOAR past 811 domestic, and second off, that's just a random thread on Reddit, not a credible number.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

First off, TFA will SOAR past 811 domestic, and second off, that's just a random thread on Reddit, not a credible number.  

Actually the link has the ticket chart.  Lol and know it won't.  Unlike avtr and titanic awakens fades after weekends 4 through 5. Especially os.  Hope it's fades fast so jpw can win the yr.  Impressive domestic run. And decent run os  . Avtr and titanic will hold the crowns still.  I love it.  It's not just the domestic that makes yummy king cmaster.  Aww your feelings hurt because a chart first agree with your absurd ticket sales for avtr

8 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Told it as people are varied.  Avt sold 97 m tickets.  Boom.  Let's see how many as sells lol

8 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Thanks for the link. :). They're just quoting BOM, which we've already talked about a bit: their adjusters are very crude, and overvalue movies that have a high IMAX and/or high 3D share (and AVATAR had both), while they undervalue kids' movies. TPM sold more tickets than AVATAR, for example.

But regardless, STAR WARS is gonna breeze past that $811m barrier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Actually the link has the ticket chart.  Lol and know it won't.  Unlike avtr and titanic awakens fades after weekends 4 through 5. Especially os.  Hope it's fades fast so jpw can win the yr.  Impressive domestic run. And decent run os  . Avtr and titanic will hold the crowns still.  I love it.  It's not just the domestic that makes yummy king cmaster.  Aww your feelings hurt because a chart first agree with your absurd ticket sales for avtr

No one's feelings are hurt, but a chart based on faulty data is meaningless. :)