Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

Yep if weather is the cause or natural disasters bet is void.  Conditions must be fair.  Weather or earthquake preventing people from flocking the most anticipated sequel of all time would make conditions unfairly different.  But I don't think bad weather will happen this time. 

Kal you really need to add in some volcano and ufo/alien insurance.  You know aliens from other planets are going to also want to flock to theaters to see abadar 2 and the spacebucks to dollar ratio is total shit right now!

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

These are winter movies. There's gonna be snow storms and regional problematic weather no matter what. Using that to disqualify the bet is a cop out. :) 

Nope . Swsfa didn't face even big competition tele. Your grasping at straws my friend lol.  My bet is fair.  Bauer needs to put up or shutup and he seems nervous.  Still waiting lol.  Tapping foot. 

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

Nope . Swsfa didn't face even big competition tele. Your grasping at straws my friend lol.  My bet is fair.  Bauer needs to put up or shutup and he seems nervous.  Still waiting lol.  Tapping foot. 

Kal, don't forgot the popcorn and Reece's pieces clause.  There better be the freshest popcorn in the theaters and tastiest candy or this bet is fucking off man!! Needs to be fair!

sws didn't face a huge Sherlock or huge Alvin and other films either lol.  Did I mention one of the biggest snow storms hitting the eastern seaboard for most of its run.  When you think about it.  Avtrs run defies imagination domestically for this age and from 2300-2500tcs lol. Swsfa... Hmm over 4500!   Did we mention it's not 3.5hrs. Force awakens who. 

Lol my bet is more than fair.  It is you and baumer who are cowards. Sws didn't face competition had no snowstorms and it's fair if a weather or disaster hits a domestic or os territory of this mighty film.  You guys smoking some powerful bat guano.  Come back at Kal when you got balls and believe force awakens won't get its ass kicked bigtime yu weak Jedi's.  Lol

Kal and avtr faithful one. Sws loonies 0

14 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

sws didn't face a huge Sherlock or huge Alvin and other films either lol.  Did I mention one of the biggest snow storms hitting the eastern seaboard for most of its run.  When you think about it.  Avtrs run defies imagination domestically for this age and from 2300-2500tcs lol. Swsfa... Hmm over 4500!   Did we mention it's not 3.5hrs. Force awakens who. 

Just for the record, AVATAR opened in 3450 theaters, not 2300-2500. SW, to compare, opened in 4134, not over 4500. 

AVATAR is not 3.5 hrs, it's almost an hour shorter, at 2 hours 40 minutes. 

The snowstorm hit the eastern seaboard on AVATAR's opening weekend, not for most of its run. (And, to counter that, SW is dealing with heavy rains and tornadoes in Texas and blizzards in the SW.)

Please stop your ridiculous exaggerations. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So to clarify for all parties involved, if Avatar 2 can't beat TFA by over $900 million; Baumer wins. If it does, Kal wins. 

Amen.  If a force of nature is proven to alter a major territory bet is null and void. Since as faced no competition and no forces of nature.  Jedi's dont have much balls now do they venom. ?

7 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Just for the record, AVATAR opened in 3450 theaters, not 2300-2500. SW, to compare, opened in 4134, not over 4500. 

AVATAR is not 3.5 hrs, it's almost an hour shorter, at 2 hours 40 minutes. 

The snowstorm hit the eastern seaboard on AVATAR's opening weekend, not for most of its run. (And, to counter that, SW is dealing with heavy rains and tornadoes in Texas and blizzards in the SW.)

Please stop your ridiculous exaggerations. 

Nope are is 3hrs long.  Special edition is 3.25hr. Are opened in 2500tcs. See our posts.  Second you compare a storm affecting, all of the Eastern seaboard to Texas dealing with tornadoes.  Are you daft tele. Come on now.  Are expanded into 3000 plus tcs.  Wrong again. Storms were going on for over 4 weeks tele. That's a lot of acres run.  Please

11 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

Kinda ironic since Avatar faced a huge snowstorm..

Force hasn't faced any sort of major weather disaster.  Your point?  Force also facing no kind of competition like Avatar.  And is in almost 1500 more tcs.  Television know what your talking about iMax versions and digital 3d versions of avtr were nearly 3hrs. Force is barely 2hrs lol

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Nope are is 3hrs long.  Special edition is 3.25hr. Are opened in 2500tcs. See our posts.  Second you compare a storm affecting, all of the Eastern seaboard to Texas dealing with tornadoes.  Are you daft tele. Come on now.  Are expanded into 3000 plus tcs.  Wrong again. Storms were going on for over 4 weeks tele. That's a lot of acres run.  Please

Avatar: Theatrical Edition - 2 hours 40 minutes (confirmed via BOM and Amazon)

Avatar: Special Edition - 16 minutes longer (confirmed through Amazon and the discs I own)

BOM has all the data on AVATAR's release: in addition to the daily charts which show a theater count for each day, here is Brandon Gray's report for AVATAR's opening day:

On Friday, Avatar wrangled a stellar estimated $27 million on approximately 7,000 screens at 3,452 sites (including $3.5 million from its midnight start).

The storms did not have a serious effect over four weeks: theaters were closed and people stayed home for the Saturday of its OW. That's it. You know it as well as I do.

• Like 2

actually I predicted it could make 550m domestic. As did CNN news.  No one thought singer would screw up sr.  I'm also the guy that predicted 112m ow for small and over 400m. Spidey made 114m own.  Your point lol.  The debate of me and superman  Vs pirate fans was legendary.  And folks made a wiki page and FB page about it.  If your going to lose a battle that's how you lose baby. 

11 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Force hasn't faced any sort of major weather disaster.  Your point?  Force also facing no kind of competition like Avatar.  And is in almost 1500 more tcs.  Television know what your talking about iMax versions and digital 3d versions of avtr were nearly 3hrs. Force is barely 2hrs lol

AVATAR is 25 minutes longer than SW, Kal. That's it. 

No major weather disaster? 43 people have died so far in this latest round of storms, from serious flooding in the Midwest to tornadoes in Texas. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/tornadoes-claim-at-least-seven-lives-near-dallas-1451217505

• Like 4

Avatar: Special Edition - 16 minutes longer (confirmed through Amazon and the discs I own)

BOM has all the data on AVATAR's release: in addition to the daily charts which show a theater count for each day, here is Brandon Gray's report for AVATAR's opening day:

On Friday, Avatar wrangled a stellar estimated $27 million on approximately 7,000 screens at 3,452 sites (including $3.5 million from its midnight start).

The storms did not have a serious effect over four weeks: theaters were closed and people stayed home for the Saturday of its OW. That's it. You know it as well as I do.

Lol 10-30feet of ice in NJ and network, CT etc.  Something is wrong with you for the above statement.  Oh I made a mistake your sws film had more 3d tcs.  Avtr 2200-2500. Fa over 3000 tcs. Huge difference.  That's where I got mixed up.  Avtr2 going to massacre the force.  The domestic gap looks to be a huge add whooping too

19 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Just noting that your weather clause is ironic since the highest grossing film of all time faced terrible weather when it opened. Point being, bar some catastrophic event, bad weather isn't going to significantly

change a film's final gross. 

Bottom line when you don't feel your film can sustain a 901m gap overall  vs the juggernaut in reasonably similar climate conditions.  You admit defeat and cowardice.  I love it.  Avtr 2 beating force awakens by  over 1.8 b or more on the highness would add salt to the destruction coming to the paddiones fragile craniums. 

The entire midwest is getting savaged by storms this week, hurting TFA, eliminating bets because of that would make anything to do with bets in December impossible. This bet goes on through winter weather. It even goes on through the apocalypse. The plot of Fallout 5 is going to be Baumer rising from the ashes of the nuclear holocaust to hunt down Kal and get his 100 fuckin dollars. 

• Like 3