Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Just because I don't get paid to post here like you doesn't mean I'm an alt account though...

Easy now, it's a little too early for assumptions I'm guessing you're new like me. Although it is possible it's highly unlikely as it doesn't have the traffic of lets say reddit, why the hell would they shill?

26 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

And another thing, if it breaks Bond in England, it will still be behind TFA, which is going to be the record holder there.

TBH, I think 1.7B from those markets is indeed a possibility (as in its possible for a movie to do that), if it performs close to the level the original Avatar did then on adjusting to market growths or on the fact that it became highest grossing movie of all time by a big big margin in all of these markets but Japan, it will  make 1B in China (actually on really adjusting to market growth there it avatar's gross adjusts to 1200m+ today and fairly conservative 30% increases over the next two years will make that 2B+...), 200m in UK, 200m in Japan, 150m in Aus and 150m in SK. That gives us 1.7B wih room for improvement :sweat:. Of course its definitely not gonna happen though.

1 minute ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

No they do it for free. 

awww...I was waiting to see how long the "new people" were actually going to keep up the act like they didn't know :(   

:P

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So it's a volunteer position? What? I volunteer at my local soup kitchen every once in a while, I don't consider myself staff there though... that's crazy.

Why is it crazy? They help run the site. I volunteer as a social work for hospice and I am part of staff at the agency I volunteer at?

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth
  • Like 1

Just now, K1Rey said:

Okay. I think I'm good.

No, we do not get paid. :lol: In fact many of us including posters in general donate to the site to keep it uprunning. So it's the opposite my friend, this site sucks us all dry. But we do it cause we love it here and it's like a home to us. 

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you were paid to post what you were posting, just that you were posting since it said 'staff' under your avatar. I've never heard of someone who occupies a volunteer role be referred to as staff before... although I've not worked for anyone but myself in over 30 years, so I'm a little out of the loop in these matters!

• Like 3

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you were paid to post what you were posting, just that you were posting since it said 'staff' under your avatar. I've never heard of someone who occupies a volunteer role be referred to as staff before... although I've not worked for anyone but myself in over 30 years, so I'm a little out of the loop in these matters!

It's all good ;)  In order for the site to run smoothly and efficiently staff is needed to keep things in check. Trust me, if there was no staff on this site........you wouldn't want to see the chaos that would ensue this place. :lol:  It would be a scary place.

• Like 1

Will Disney try to compete with Avatar 2 and release SW8 at Christmas 2017? It seems like finicial suicide even if it is Star Wars and Cameron will just release when the hell he wants.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Kals predict 1.1b hoping for 1.4 domestic.  And 2.8b os. Hoping for way over 3b is though. Avtr hits 3.9b ww.  And becomes the first all time worldbreaker blockbuster to increase over its predecessor. In Cameron we trust. 

Hope it goes well beyond my expectations .

This thing will struggle to make 1.1b WW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Will Disney try to compete with Avatar 2 and release SW8 at Christmas 2017? It seems like finicial suicide even if it is Star Wars and Cameron will just release when the hell he wants.

Disney has bought out Marvel, has bought out George Lucas.

And will eventually buy out James Cameron himself.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I have a feeling Avatar 2 will be delayed.

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth