Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 8/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, cannastop said:

I really believe that there's going to be a trailer dropped in January 2018 that will get everyone hyped for this movie. I also believe there will be an Avatar 3.

I don't believe James Cameron will make Avatar 5, of course.

You do realize they are being filmed all at once.  

12 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't bet against Cameron, but unless he has some wild new technology or innovation nobody knows about right now, I think he is finally in for a huge disappointment. 

Hell no.  One director's movie you never have to worry about making money is Cameron.  It'll be epic as hell and a must see theater experience.  

Avatar 2 is a lock for a billion.  In China alone it'll rack up huge amounts of money.  

Edited by cubsfan

Just now, cubsfan said:

Hell no.  One director's movie you never have to worry about making money is Cameron.  It'll be epic as hell and a must see theater experience.  

We'll see and Cameron hit the perfect storm in 2009 of 3D being a new novelty that he executed correctly.  In the domestic market 3D has taken a hit since then and is no longer new and fresh.  The high frame rate was also roundly rejected when The Hobbit tried it.  

Like I said, I don't doubt Cameron but everyone shits the bed at some point.  There are a lot of factors pointing to that finally happening.  

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

We'll see and Cameron hit the perfect storm in 2009 of 3D being a new novelty that he executed correctly.  In the domestic market 3D has taken a hit since then and is no longer new and fresh.  The high frame rate was also roundly rejected when The Hobbit tried it.  

Like I said, I don't doubt Cameron but everyone shits the bed at some point.  There are a lot of factors pointing to that finally happening.  

3D is still popular if done right.  Gravity cleaned up the BO for that very reason.  

Cameron will kill HFR and it'll blow eyeballs.  I mean I don't see it doing 2.9B, but it'll clean up.

Edited by cubsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

There's indicators that Jackson didn't go far enough with it. We'll get a better idea when LONG HALFTIME WALK comes out -- at least for the few theaters capable of showing it.

Then again, I think the AVATAR sequels could feature no new tech innovations and still be big hits. Cameron knows how to make entertaining movies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

There's indicators that Jackson didn't go far enough with it. We'll get a better idea when LONG HALFTIME WALK comes out -- at least for the few theaters capable of showing it.

Then again, I think the AVATAR sequels could feature no new tech innovations and still be big hits. Cameron knows how to make entertaining movies.

Yep.  We'll know soon if Cameron gears up theater owners and tells them to upgrade and what not.  

And I'm really curious to see laser 3D.  Jungle Book used it and I heard it was great!  Very bright and vibrant.  

Edited by cubsfan

13 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

Yep.  We'll know soon if Cameron gears up theater owners and tells them to upgrade and what not.  

And I'm really curious to see laser 3D.  Jungle Book used it and I heard it was great!  Very bright and vibrant.  

They are far past the days of Cameron telling theater owners to upgrade or add anything for tech.  Theater owners really don't like 3D to begin with and they saw with high frame rate didn't impress.

Cameron and Fox will really have to show off something special to get them to spend any money.  

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They are far past the days of Cameron telling theater owners to upgrade or add anything for tech.  Theater owners really don't like 3D to begin with and they saw with high frame rate didn't impress.

Cameron and Fox will really have to show off something special to get them to spend any money.  

LOL!

Theater owners like to make money and Cameron makes them money.  

• Like 2

Just now, cubsfan said:

LOL!

Theater owners like to make money and Cameron makes them money.  

Lol all you want, but theater owners didn't exactly see a great return on their investment and convergence to 3D and many would get rid of it completely if they could. 

Cameron doesn't have nearly the same negotiating position he did in 2009.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't bet against Cameron, but unless he has some wild new technology or innovation nobody knows about right now, I think he is finally in for a huge disappointment. 

Wrong assumptions result in failure.

Edited by The Futurist