Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

lol!!! he's no teenager that's for sure and he'll be the first one to tell you that he isn't. One thing we know for sure is that they are putting 100% maximum effort into these movies, they aren't made from initial concept to finished product in a year like a lot of junk that's out there 

16 hour days for years solid. The man is a machine and the effort he puts in to these things in a day is probably more than most people put into any of the other "blockbusters" out there. 

Whats wrong with the subtitle "The Way of Water"? Sounds pretty original to me. "The Way of Water" is an unusually sentimental title for a blockbuster like this, but I guess alot of people feel overly challenged by sentimentality of any kind and would be prefer it to be called "The Age of Infinite" or some shit.

Fun fact! If Avatar has no fans then see this:

1.7m views since its release in June this year.

To put that into perspective:

Spoiler

This was released not long after a movie that grossed $1.3 BILLION released from a series which has grossed multiple Billions. And it got a mere 600k views...

Tell me now that nobody cares for Avatar...

P.S. Please listen to that first one, it's truly beautiful.

Edited by Feasby0007
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Feasby0007 said:

Fun fact! If Avatar has no fans then see this:

1.7m views since its release in June this year.

To put that into perspective:

Reveal hidden contents

This was released not long after a movie that grossed $1.3 BILLION released from a series which has grossed multiple Billions. And it got a mere 600k views...

Tell me now that nobody cares for Avatar...

P.S. Please listen to that first one, it's truly beautiful.

Playing it now for the third time - very nice. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I can't help but think that they aren't the titles because I'd suspect they'd have said something if they were. 

I don't mind if they are, I just think it strange one tiny article on the BBC is still the only source we have... 

Well IMDB changed all the sequels back to untitled which tells me The Way of Water is NOT the title for II. 

19 hours ago, Elessar said:

Fuck i miss James Horner... :(

Hopefully they re-use the themes in the sequels.

Just recently rewatched Braveheart. Amazing score!

I don't think he had anything written for the sequels, whoever gets the job will probably follow some general guidelines to ensure that the feel is similar. 

25 Months to go. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I don't think he had anything written for the sequels, whoever gets the job will probably follow some general guidelines to ensure that the feel is similar. 

25 Months to go. 

Still hoping Jim himself composes it, just for the added credit. 

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Still hoping Jim himself composes it, just for the added credit. 

That would be a really bad idea given that he's not a musician....they'll hire some big name to take care of this work. 

2 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

That would be a really bad idea given that he's not a musician....they'll hire some big name to take care of this work. 

it would just be another one for the list, it wouldn't surpise me at this point.

12 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

People talking about LK beating Avatar. I guess they jump from one thing to another, remember when Avengers was going to beat it? Then TFA? Then IW? 

They still haven't even been able to beat Titanic and they're talking about beating Avatar. It's hilarious. 

It's really interesting to see those silly posts. Making useless Live-Action from Animated movie. I highly doubt LK would make Incredible 2 numbers. 

OS it will make less. 

Lion King was huge in its day, the remake could be as well. I definitelly think it could beat Incredibles 2 and in doing so coming relatively close to Avatar domestically. However, worldwide is another story. Maybe Titanic could be in danger if everything goes right, or wrong, depending on how you are looking at it. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

People talking about LK beating Avatar. I guess they jump from one thing to another, remember when Avengers was going to beat it? Then TFA? Then IW? 

They still haven't even been able to beat Titanic and they're talking about beating Avatar. It's hilarious. 

People said that domestically then both were crushed by TFA.

Now it’s being said WW, and guess which global phenomenon is coming for the both of them?

Honestly Titanic might sink to number 4-7 with Pika Pika, Avengers 4, Episode IX and Frozen 2 coming to dominate as well

Edited by PANDA
  • Haha 2