Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

JC's daily diet, works a long day that's for sure. Saw the link posted by AVATAR in the Facebook comments to the Alita trailer. 

https://tim.blog/2018/11/12/james-cameron/

Here is a typical day of Jim’s regime:

— 05:00 — pre-workout — green smoothie (spinach, apple, orange, banana — heavy on the spinach, and you can see the recipe below)

— 06:00 — 1 hour workout — usually kickboxing, yoga or light weight training with high intensity intervals

— 07:30 — breakfast — sometimes tofu “scrambled eggs” or a quesadilla made with plant-cheese, sometimes red beans and rice — always a protein shake made with fruit, nut butters, pea protein — use this to wash down supplements (hemp oil capsules, MSM for supple joints, vitamin D) — B12 is a sublingual tablet — and a cup of Oolong tea

— 11:00 — mid morning snack of fresh fruit (grapes, watermelon, berries) on set

— 13:30 — lunch — bowl of soup plus any one of the scores of great lunch dishes prepared by Brad and Sandy, our vegan chefs at the studio — mexican fiesta, Indian, thai, Italian (pasta, pizza, lasagna), burgers (Beyond or Hungry Planet) — these are comfort food dishes with a conscience

— 16:30 — mid afternoon — a green salad, on set

— 20:00 — dinner — a very light meal, sometimes a plant-based burger, sometimes just some humus and pita and a handful of olives, sometimes an avocado chopped up with salsa — plus always a glass of wine for stress reduction 

“I don’t think about protein or carbs. Just a broad mix of flavors, and a lot of emphasis on leaf vegetables, produce (some raw, mostly cooked) — fiber fiber fiber — can’t emphasize plant fiber enough.”

JAMES CAMERON’S SMOOTHIE RECIPE:

Fill 12 oz container (Canteen) 

Ingredients (Organic fruits and veggies):

1 and 1/2 cup of water

half of an orange

small piece of orange peel

half of an apple

half of a banana

1 stick of celery

handful of spinach

handful of beet greens

5 ice cubes (make sure blender does not get hot)

Instructions:

pour water in blender

add celery, beet greens, and spinach

blend slightly

add the rest of the ingredients

Blend until smooth (usually 2 minutes)

For more recipes, ingredients, swaps, resources for what Jim, Suzy and their family eat for peak performance you can find it in Suzy’s book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

51 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

JC's daily diet, works a long day that's for sure. Saw the link posted by AVATAR in the Facebook comments to the Alita trailer. 

https://tim.blog/2018/11/12/james-cameron/

Here is a typical day of Jim’s regime:

— 05:00 — pre-workout — green smoothie (spinach, apple, orange, banana — heavy on the spinach, and you can see the recipe below)

— 06:00 — 1 hour workout — usually kickboxing, yoga or light weight training with high intensity intervals

— 07:30 — breakfast — sometimes tofu “scrambled eggs” or a quesadilla made with plant-cheese, sometimes red beans and rice — always a protein shake made with fruit, nut butters, pea protein — use this to wash down supplements (hemp oil capsules, MSM for supple joints, vitamin D) — B12 is a sublingual tablet — and a cup of Oolong tea

— 11:00 — mid morning snack of fresh fruit (grapes, watermelon, berries) on set

— 13:30 — lunch — bowl of soup plus any one of the scores of great lunch dishes prepared by Brad and Sandy, our vegan chefs at the studio — mexican fiesta, Indian, thai, Italian (pasta, pizza, lasagna), burgers (Beyond or Hungry Planet) — these are comfort food dishes with a conscience

— 16:30 — mid afternoon — a green salad, on set

— 20:00 — dinner — a very light meal, sometimes a plant-based burger, sometimes just some humus and pita and a handful of olives, sometimes an avocado chopped up with salsa — plus always a glass of wine for stress reduction 

“I don’t think about protein or carbs. Just a broad mix of flavors, and a lot of emphasis on leaf vegetables, produce (some raw, mostly cooked) — fiber fiber fiber — can’t emphasize plant fiber enough.”

JAMES CAMERON’S SMOOTHIE RECIPE:

Fill 12 oz container (Canteen) 

Ingredients (Organic fruits and veggies):

1 and 1/2 cup of water

half of an orange

small piece of orange peel

half of an apple

half of a banana

1 stick of celery

handful of spinach

handful of beet greens

5 ice cubes (make sure blender does not get hot)

Instructions:

pour water in blender

add celery, beet greens, and spinach

blend slightly

add the rest of the ingredients

Blend until smooth (usually 2 minutes)

For more recipes, ingredients, swaps, resources for what Jim, Suzy and their family eat for peak performance you can find it in Suzy’s book.

I'm going to have to try this. 

34 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What kind of shitty title is that? I can't believe the GREAT James Cameron would allow a title like that on his ground breaking movie. I also refuse to believe that all of the 2 JC fans on this board are pleased by that title. 

Nothing has been confirmed. You can't count. Seek help. 

45 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What kind of shitty title is that? I can't believe the GREAT James Cameron would allow a title like that on his ground breaking movie. I also refuse to believe that all of the 2 JC fans on this board are pleased by that title. 

You are always on the negative side why ?

50 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

here's your 3rd reply, proven wrong once again

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

Make that a 4th reply

I'm not so pleased by the title

8 hours ago, PANDA said:

Alita’s CGI doesn’t look all that great though

Now i have heard it all...

One might say the scenes where she does crazy stunts look a bit iffy since gravity and us not being used to seeing humans do stuff like that (plus difficulty to motion capture that) but otherwise the CGI is terrific.

Edited by Elessar

15 hours ago, Lothar said:

AVATAR 2 PRODUCER TEASES SEQUELS' DIVERSE CLANS, REGALES KATE WINSLET'S BREATH-HOLDING ABILITIES

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/avatar-2-producer-teases-diverse-clans-in-sequels

I hope we see a clan not as anti-technology as Ney's. There really is so much to explore with this world. 

20 hours ago, Lothar said:

AVATAR 2 PRODUCER TEASES SEQUELS' DIVERSE CLANS, REGALES KATE WINSLET'S BREATH-HOLDING ABILITIES

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/avatar-2-producer-teases-diverse-clans-in-sequels

This is the risky part, will the audience care about any of these clans?? if they minimize the interaction/conflict with humans I can see a lot of people tuning out. The other clans will have to be analogous to us here on Earth in order for the audience to connect and bond with these new clans. It will be interesting to see what kind of issues are presented in the sequels, it can't be a simple re-hash of the first movie, that's not going to work a second time given how tired that trope is already. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

This is the risky part, will the audience care about any of these clans?? if they minimize the interaction/conflict with humans I can see a lot of people tuning out. The other clans will have to be analogous to us here on Earth in order for the audience to connect and bond with these new clans. It will be interesting to see what kind of issues are presented in the sequels, it can't be a simple re-hash of the first movie, that's not going to work a second time given how tired that trope is already. 

I don't think James Cameron is a teenage director. He knows things and the best thing about him is he studies everything from different perspective. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

You rise interesting points. I am curious how big a part humans will play in the sequels. I think as long as the story and characters are engaging people will respond positively, though.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I don't think James Cameron is a teenage director. He knows things and the best thing about him is he studies everything from different perspective. 

lol!!! he's no teenager that's for sure and he'll be the first one to tell you that he isn't. One thing we know for sure is that they are putting 100% maximum effort into these movies, they aren't made from initial concept to finished product in a year like a lot of junk that's out there 

• Like 1