Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

James Cameron Discovers Atlantis Evidence in Ancient Anchors

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/02/james-cameron-discovers-atlantis-evidence-in-ancient-anchors/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4172388/Has-Lost-City-Atlantis-last.html

Bit old but I think we have clue what is he upto.

Edited by Lothar

4 hours ago, Lothar said:

You mean Dom or China ?

I read in the article where James Cameron and Simcha Simcha Jacobovici searching for lost Atlantis. I would be damned if I see new civilizations underwater in Avatar 2. You know something that touches my soul is lost history. I'm very curios to know what's inside the Jim's mind. A2 and A3 done filming. Still, there's no leaked pictures or script. Why?

https://calgaryherald.com/entertainment/television/blockbuster-filmmaker-james-cameron-searches-for-atlantis

You're not allowed to shake the box or unwrap your presents early...all will be revealed when they decide it's time. I'm glad they are keeping things tightly under wraps and I'm also hoping that any teasers/trailers coming out of 20th Century Fox will NOT reveal too much of the plot like they did with the first movie. 

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

I hope not, don't need another internet shitstorm accompanying the release of A2...

The release alone will be a political shit storm, I have no doubt, the RDA type people on one side VS the Na'vi types on the other. It will make the Marvel/Star Wars stuff look infantile in comparison if they do it right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

The release alone will be a political shit storm, I have no doubt, the RDA type people on one side VS the Na'vi types on the other. It will make the Marvel/Star Wars stuff look infantile in comparison if they do it right.

I know what you mean, to me a bit funny as to me all fan-wars are in a way infantile at best 😉

Avatar 1's sh... storm then was way worse than even the start of Marvel vs DC fan whatever BS in my POV, as such I wouldn't be surprised about a repeat. Or, considering the actual political climate, probably in an even way worse way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lothar said:

I think it's pretty obvious the mythical city strict by Gods never actually existed 😂

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The 'gods' aspect may have been allegorical, I think the question was really whether a city did exist that was  destroyed by the ocean. 

It's entirely feasible that a low lying coastal city that existed thousands of years ago is now underwater. I think Avatar II will be exploring Na'vi cave systems/dwellings that are used for ......guess we'll find out eventually. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

It's entirely feasible that a low lying coastal city that existed thousands of years ago is now underwater. I think Avatar II will be exploring Na'vi cave systems/dwellings that are used for ......guess we'll find out eventually. 

I hope so, or even a separate race of Na'vi or sentient creatures. The possibilities are endless! 

23 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I'd like to ask David Ehrlich why the sequels sound like a disaster in the making. Making sequels to an almost $3b movie seems like one of the safest bets one can make...

I assume it’s because people don’t really talk about Avatar anymore. The movie made headlines back when it was released for its groundbreaking 3D effects, but 3D is mostly viewed as just some cheap gimmick these days, so the sequels might not be able to get by on that alone. To put it plainly, if anyone other than James Cameron was directing a bunch of Avatar sequels, they most likely would be written off as bombs. 

16 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Ok I would ask critics who continue to parrot this 3D bit the following ?

Can you explain why Avatar in 2D was the biggest selling Blu-Ray of All-Time until Frozen came along? 

No one is saying the movie wasn’t huge when it came out. What people are saying is that it’s not something that’s really talked about much anymore. 

Also, I don’t see why people can’t be allowed to bring up the 3D novelty that the first film had going for it when a large chunk of its tickets that were sold were for 3D screenings. That doesn’t mean the movie would’ve flopped without 3D, but it certainly helped make the movie feel like more of an event. 

I’m not even bashing the movie, I’m just providing a possible explanation for why some people are suggesting that these movies are “disasters in the making”. 

Edited by WittyUsername

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

No one is saying the movie wasn’t huge when it came out. What people are saying is that it’s not something that’s really talked about much anymore. 

Also, I don’t see why people can’t be allowed to bring up the 3D novelty that the first film had going for it when a large chunk of its tickets that were sold were for 3D screenings. That doesn’t mean the movie would’ve flopped without 3D, but it certainly helped make the movie feel like more of an event. 

I’m not even bashing the movie, I’m just providing a possible explanation for why some people are suggesting that these movies are “disasters in the making”. 

1 - the movie was released almost 9 years ago - also they didn't flood the market with books/comics/merchandise to keep it going in subsequent years

2- the 3D was state of the art, Cameron showed how good it could be when done right 

3- "disasters in the making" I don't know what to say to imbeciles who can predict the future based on what exactly???? can we at least wait until they start releasing teasers/trailers before making predictions, I think "certain" people want these movies to fail because of the politics, they have an agenda and their minds are already locked in to a verdict  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The only way that happens is over Jims dead body so to answer your question, mass suicide (rip friends).

RIP they would go with God then,  

but it wont change what is done here and we should concentrate on moving on with freeing Avatar's creative rights.  

• Like 1