Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/aquaman-director-james-cameron-tells-us-really-feels-james-wans-aquaman-160435332.html?

Gonna have a lot of underwater scenes in the Avatar sequels and it's going to have a such a different feel to aquaman (actually realistic)

Aquaman was basically set in space.. and all the people have rocket boots.

I enjoyed the film but the underwater stuff was rubbish. I hope Jim laughed for 142 minutes straight when he watched Aquaman.

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/aquaman-director-james-cameron-tells-us-really-feels-james-wans-aquaman-160435332.html?

Gonna have a lot of underwater scenes in the Avatar sequels and it's going to have a such a different feel to aquaman (actually realistic)

Alita Spoilers:

Spoiler

Will it be similar to the underwater scenes of Alita? That short scene was fantastic imo and much much better than Aquaman (which I found too quirky)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Couple snippets I like from this:

Currently “Avatar 2,” “Avatar 3” and parts of “Avatar 4” have completed “principal capture,” with live-action filming set to take place in New Zealand this spring. Cameron, who was unavailable for comment, is constantly sending dailies to Weta that can take up to 10 months to get back, “so we have to keep feeding the beast. And Jim’s in the beast-feeding mode.”

Once upon a time skeptics thought blue aliens wouldn’t connect with audiences, let alone make billions of dollars. By the time “Avatar 2” hits theaters 11 years will have passed since the first film. Who needs to rush into things?

When the trying moments do arise, Landau shares, he has a trick. He takes out his smartphone and opens a Disney World consumer app that shows him real-time wait times for the “Avatar” rides. “On those tough days when we go, ‘What are we doing? And is it worth it?’”

He checks the app in real time to demonstrate. “It’s a two and a half hour wait to get into one, and an hour and 15 minute wait to get into the other,” he smiles. “I go, ‘You know what? We’re doing OK.’ We’re doing something that people want to experience.”

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, feasby007 said:

Alita Spoilers:

Hide contents

Will it be similar to the underwater scenes of Alita? That short scene was fantastic imo and much much better than Aquaman (which I found too quirky)

Spoiler

From what I've read it appears that the actors will actually be submerged underwater for Avatar 2, because they had to train to hold their breath for long periods. Also the biggest hurdle has been getting the motion tracking cameras to read the dots on the actors since water reflects light in weird ways that makes it difficult for the cameras to pick up the markers.

I'm almost positive Alita was not filmed this way for just one underwater scene. It was likely done in their regular volume capture room, and someone tied a restraint around Rosa Salazar's waist to simulate underwater movement.

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

John Landua on a re-release.

A.K.A first film to 3 billies.

doubt that, i went to a showing last summer and there was maybe 15 people. Pretty empty. No one cares about avatar.

also in that clip he quite clearly says they are not going to re-release avatar.

Edited by Avatree

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

After hearing the Alita score i'd be okay if JunkieXL does the score for the Avatar sequels.

The Alita score is great, but Jim deserves the absolute best of the best and I'm not sure if that's JunkieXL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The Alita score is great, but Jim deserves the absolute best of the best and I'm not sure if that's JunkieXL

The best of the best sadly left us, there can only be the next best... :(

I dunno, some of the stuff on the Alita score is really great. There are other candidates, sure, most got mentioned before.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I personally think Howard Shore would be a good choice for this.

Shore is a weird case with me, what he did in LOTR is an absolute Masterpice (capital!), but everything else he's done.... don't know... or it reminds me too much of LOTR, he has such a signature style...

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

The best of the best sadly left us, there can only be the next best... :(

I dunno, some of the stuff on the Alita score is really great. There are other candidates, sure, most got mentioned before.

I'll trust in Jim to find someone to compose his vision.

• Like 2