Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lmao what sorta idiots shit talk a 10 year old film with no sequels for GA not remembering the names of characters?

This the best angle they got? Seems desperate.

The Hurt Locker won the Oscar for Best Picture - name the three main characters without Googling.....no one can....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lmao what sorta idiots shit talk a 10 year old film with no sequels for GA not remembering the names of characters?

This the best angle they got? Seems desperate.

I can name them LOTR characters any day of the week ;) 

I can't wait for these movies to come out cause meltdowns will be epic whichever way boxoffice goes. if it breaks records and beat Marvel and SW, meltdowns will be epic. if it underperforms either relative to expectations or for real, meltdowns will be epic. 2020 can't come soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

if it underperforms either relative to expectations or for real, meltdowns will be epic. 2020 can't come soon enough.

this will almost definitely happen, Avatar 2 will make 1.5-2B tops and the rest of the sequels will do less. though I expect them all to stay above a billion each.

53 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

3 films - 6 films depending on character and a best-selling book series

You knew this of course

True, I haven read the books.

But I also know names that don't get mentioned often then again I am a big fan of LOTR.

I do think if people really like a movie they are more likely to remember names faster. But most people don't know more than 50% of the names in a movie (if they only watch it 1 time), especialy if the movie has a lot of characters. 

Looking forward to the Avatar sequel finally proving all these idiots who love pushing the whole "nobody cared for/nobody remembers Avatar" narrative wrong. I wonder how they'll spin the success of the sequel? "Cameron and Disney bought tickets to inflate the grosses!" "Disney has always had shady dealings! Of course they are buying the critics!" "Well, it only made 2.5 billion dollars!! That is quite a decrease from the first film!!!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deep down indisde, 'Muricans know they are the worst polluters on Earth so Avatar s message rubbed them the very wrong way.

That's  my Freudian s slip analisis of the rejection of the movie from the american bros and cinephiles.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I can't wait for these movies to come out cause meltdowns will be epic whichever way boxoffice goes. if it breaks records and beat Marvel and SW, meltdowns will be epic. if it underperforms either relative to expectations or for real, meltdowns will be epic. 2020 can't come soon enough.

There will be suicides when this thing breaks past 4 Billion. Mark my words. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

15 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

A social media team has taken control of his social media, while he is working on that stuff he isn't the one using them. He has better things to do. 

Trailer coming pandorians.. Are you excited??! 

Cant believe its still the most incredible movie experience ive had in my life. My kids get to experience it now.in 2020...wooohoo..Hope he does an Avatar Day Part 2 for juggernaut 2020

On 3/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, pepsa said:

I can name them LOTR characters any day of the week ;) 

Lol has more to do with the worlds love of the books than lotrs film quality tho. Trust and believe there are millons that can name every characters line in Avatar 1. And keep in mind avatar aint been around for nearly 83 years like lotr franchise (1937). 😁 lol

Edited by Sheldon Cr