Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

All Cameron has to do is say, "No, actually I ripped off Dune, Ferngully, John Carter, Pocahontas, Smurfs and Dances With Wolves". Case closed :)

In that case, that guy should charge those films instead of Avatar right? Well, he obviously wont, cause those didnt make 2.7 billion. :rolleyes:

All Cameron has to do is say, "No, actually I ripped off Dune, Ferngully, John Carter, Pocahontas, Smurfs and Dances With Wolves". Case closed :)

That would be the first case where rip-off produced a much better movie than movies base don the originals. Dune was terrible and Sy Fy mini was meh save James McAvoy who stood out among Z-list cast. JC was forgettable and mediocre and you couldn`t see where that ridiculous budget went. Smurfs,heh, 9% RT or something. DWW won Oscars but nobody talked about it until Avatar resurrected comparison. Pocachontas isn`t considered one of best Disney movies. So Cameron wins. Case Closed.That said, i`m shocked that this thread keeps going. I mena, nobody knows if movies will be made or when or how many and yet it keeps adding pages. Why? I mean, hasn`t Avatar faded or something?

That said, i`m shocked that this thread keeps going. I mena, nobody knows if movies will be made or when or how many and yet it keeps adding pages. Why? I mean, hasn`t Avatar faded or something?

I guess not. Its here and will stay for the next 5+ years. We know a September 2012 start can happen, whether that means a 2014 or 2015 release we don't know.

That would be the first case where rip-off produced a much better movie than movies base don the originals. Dune was terrible and Sy Fy mini was meh save James McAvoy who stood out among Z-list cast. JC was forgettable and mediocre and you couldn`t see where that ridiculous budget went. Smurfs,heh, 9% RT or something. DWW won Oscars but nobody talked about it until Avatar resurrected comparison. Pocachontas isn`t considered one of best Disney movies. So Cameron wins. Case Closed.That said, i`m shocked that this thread keeps going. I mena, nobody knows if movies will be made or when or how many and yet it keeps adding pages. Why? I mean, hasn`t Avatar faded or something?

Cameron purposedly went down to the bottom of the ocean just to keep this thread breathing.

You forgot The Last Samurai and Princess Mononoke, lol. Actually, Princess Mononoke is the only movie I'd say Avatar shared some remarkable similarities with. The rest of the comparisons are just expected hater shit.I loved Avatar though. Edited by Shpongle

No real news for now: this thread is growing.Next official real new: this thread will GROW.The ripoff talk is old.General audience didn't feel that.Or at least, not the point of giving a pass to the movie.If some think Avatar was a "lightning in the bottle" situation, then i say the sequel could surely explode that bottle.

I have 2 demands for JC: write awesome roles for Serkis and Arnie. Serkis because you can`t have all mo`cap movies w/o mo`cap superstar and Arnie because everyone wants JC and Arnie reunion. Weaver worked really well, now bring back the other legend.And let him mispronounce Avatar like at the Golden Globes. :rofl:

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I have 2 demands for JC: write awesome roles for Serkis and Arnie. Serkis because you can`t have all mo`cap movies w/o mo`cap superstar and Arnie because everyone wants JC and Arnie reunion. Weaver worked really well, now bring back the other legend.And let him mispronounce Avatar like at the Golden Globes. :rofl:

That would be awesome on so many levels :D

I'm looking forward to this but at the same time dread how much a disaster this could be. As long as James Cameron is given a free range to do what he wants, and he should be by now, it will be good.

I don't think Cameron ever has to worry about not being given free range to do what he wants ever again. Which is a shame, as I still think his best films (Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss) are the ones where he actually did have some restrictions in terms of budget and creative control.

Even if I think "Abadah" is undeserving of its ridiculous box office, I am eternally grateful to Cameron for preventing TF2 becoming the worst movie ever to win the domestic box office for the year (yes, even worse than The Grinch). :D

Edited by Darth Homer