Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

55 minutes ago, dignam said:

Trust me on an emotional level, avatar 2 hits much harder than the first one. The scene with neytiri with the mask was awesome and you described it perfectly but was nothing compared to that one scene in avatar 2. I suggest you put tissue papers in your pocket.

The critism regarding the story is nonsense. Nearly every big blockbuster with high BO numbers has a story you could put on coasters. But when it comes to cameron people are nitpicking. Cameron stories are universal, they are easy to follow and yet are very touching. Sure they are very chliche but thats what i want from cameron. I dont want a nolan story where i have to search online what the movie was all about.

Why Avatar2  will dominate Domestically and Overseas?

FOLKS REM Moments like This And They will Want to see their Love Story and Family continue through the Eyes Of James King of the World Cameron:

Well done.JIM.. 

Movie Avatar GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Thoughts after my second viewing:

This is meant to be seen in 3D. The format actually made me realize I missed a lot in my first viewing at least on a visual standpoint. The forest looked amazing, but wait until you see the ocean world. It's a one of a kind experience.

Also, I slept well last night. 😅 The run time is perfectly fine to me this time.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is is meant to be seen in 3D. The format actually made me realize I missed a lot in my first viewing at least on a visual standpoint. The forest looked amazing, but wait until you see the ocean world. It's a one of a kind experience.

Also, I slept well last night. 😅 The run time is perfectly fine to me this time.

You saw it twice already? Zamn, it was hard for me to even schedule one viewing around my and my friends' schedules. Have to wait all the way till sat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

You saw it twice already? Zamn, it was hard for me to even schedule one viewing around my and my friends' schedules. Have to wait all the way till sat.

It's easier to find showings here since all cinemas in the theater that I usually go to show Avatar. 😅 I've also realized I'd be very busy in the coming days, so I decided to see it again as early as possible.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

This is meant to be seen in 3D. The format actually made me realize I missed a lot in my first viewing at least on a visual standpoint. The forest looked amazing, but wait until you see the ocean world. It's a one of a kind experience.

Awesome news my brother👍🏋‍♀️💯

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hw64 said:

Seems misguided. Avatar 2 isn't going to be primarily compared against 2022 blockbusters — it'll blow past all of them — but instead the highest-grossing movies of all time, most of which had significant help from China.

Blow past all of them? This isn’t getting within TGM’s area code.

• ...wtf 1

33 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

At least now that everyone is seeing the early numbers and dropping their predictions by 500M, it have room to surprise.

So that's a positive...

Well, yeah, now that expectations have dropped if it still pops off (relative to current expectations, obviously, no one thinks this won't still be hella big) the excitement will be through the roof, so there's that. 👀

• Like 1

Tonight I watched my 2nd session of AVATAR WAY OF WATER in 2D this time,
And I can tell you that it's even more beautiful and incredible. 
The colors, the textures,
And the definition of the image is such that the depth of field makes you enter the film without the need for 3D....

The magic of James Cameron...
❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

RT still at 82% with 193 reviews and 7.3 average 

Honestly, that's a really good reviews and probably won't go under 80% at this point. Dune have 83%, Nope have 82%, The Batman have 84%... It's in line with other very well received blockbusters 

Audience reception in all countries the movie opened already is also superb or at least very good.

This rollout is a roller coaster this past few days, but honestly, if the movie didn't reach it's full potential (and i'm talking about legs here), it doesn't looks like the problem is lack of quality. 

• Like 1