Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Once again, the novelty has worn off in the intro to 3D which is the norm pretty much in every movie now, even the Great Gatsby for God sakes as though a movie like that needed 3D.. Unless Cameron is going to WOW us with some new gimmick or technology never before seen and AVATAR 2 is used as the crutch to introduce this new technology to the masses, then it'll perform like any other sequel, probably end up in the mid 400's Domestic range... And before you drag TA2 into the fold, TA2 is a much different situation that will actually increase in it's Domestic cause of how Awesome it's going to be.,. You Bitches go ahead and doubt me, but we've been down this road before.,..

Avengers 2 is going to gross less than Avatar 2

That doesnt change the fact that JP was never the highest grossing film of all time.

JP broke the OW record set by the freaking Batman. How did the book have no factor at all?

People didn't flock to the theaters because they were eagerly waiting a JP adaptation. They saw it because it was something never done before. Never had a film used cg in the way JP had back in 1993. It was a truly groundbreaking film on a technical aspect.

Same can be said about Avatar. I can definitely see it having similar drops like The Lost World did (that is, if it sucks like TLW did too). Anyone that thinks this will make 400 million domestic is CRAZY. 500 is absolute floor for Avatar 2.

Once again, the novelty has worn off in the intro to 3D which is the norm pretty much in every movie now, even the Great Gatsby for God sakes as though a movie like that needed 3D.. Unless Cameron is going to WOW us with some new gimmick or technology never before seen and AVATAR 2 is used as the crutch to introduce this new technology to the masses, then it'll perform like any other sequel, probably end up in the mid 400's Domestic range... And before you drag TA2 into the fold, TA2 is a much different situation that will actually increase in it's Domestic cause of how Awesome it's going to be.,. You Bitches go ahead and doubt me, but we've been down this road before.,..

Never doubt JC. OS for Avatar 1 alone grossed more than WW for TA and still leaves 500m in change. You saying TA2 will gross more because it will be "awesome" and A2 will gross less is as trust worthy as listening to a drunk mumbling about he is the next Jesus.

Avatar is in a different realm. Unless you want to be looked like a fool, don't mention it. If you do, your precious films will look like a kid's play. That's why I don't mention my movies in the same sentence as Avatar lol

Stop calling people bitches too ;) Show some class

• Like 1

Even if he'd announce he dropped Avatar sequels to do abyss diving till the end of his life, no movie will ever touch Avatar's records for 15 years at least. Not even TA2 or SWep7 unless tickets cost 50 dollars each.

Edited by dashrendar44

Even if he'd announce he dropped Avatar sequels to do abyss diving till the end of his life, no movie will ever touch Avatar's records for 15 years at least. Not even TA2 or SWep7.

Now that you said it something breaks it this year :P:lol:

You gotta love BKB; his reasoning for Avatar 2 grossing less than the original are somewhat sensical and thought out, but then his reasoning for TA2 grossing more than the original is basically "because it's gonna be awesome." LOL

I expect more for Avengers 2 and Star Wars... They waited too long for a sequel. At least Star Wars is a common household series.

Yep-also every mega blockbuster like this has the next one drop. (That is not named LOTR or Pirates at least :P)

• Like 1

I think I made the worst club in history. I made the Avatar under 200m club on BOM, shame at its best. 

Nah there have been worse, I mean someone who will remain nameless made a Around the World in 80 Days 80M club, but then again it just sounded perfect. :P

• Like 1