Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

But it doesn't, really. It's the sort of thing you can learn.

By no means did I suggest that it's not something you can learn. But, quick cut and shaky-cam is just a much more easier way to go, which is the way most action director nowadays choose.

It's pretty sad that even after T2, Titanic and Avatar, it seems Cameron still have to prove himself. People keep doubting his ability to push the boundaries, that he will fail.

I mean if someone like Nolan, who is considered the hottest thing in Hollywood right now had Cameron's palmares (2 biggest popular movies of our era sitting at the top of BO since 1998), the internet would be even more an insufferable place for generations to come, Nolan would be considered more than an infallible God worshiped by legions of fanboys labeling him more gifted than Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Welles and Spielberg united. Nolan could rest on his throne forever with that under his belt never being doubted for decades but Cameron can't catch a break like people don't take him as seriously as Nolan even if he is twice the man Nolan would ever wish to be if he had 9 lives.

Cameron is a scriptwriter, director, editor, producer, concept artist (Check out his badass drawings), mattepainter and visual effects artist (on his debut movies, for Roger Corman and Carpenter's NY1997), deep-sea explorer (Titanic and Mariana trenches expeditions), engineer (conceiving his own 3D camera rig with Vince Pace), he is truly a Renaissance man.

And a 5-time marrier! :P

• Like 2

You and me are bros.

I mean, Aliens, T1 at minimum are better films. But they're not as enjoyable as True Lies. The last hour is pretty much pure brilliance. And Bill Paxton ruled in that movie! The movie is so good, that Tom Arnold was briefly funny for 2 hours and 30 minutes!

I think for a guy that enjoys action and comedy, True Lies is pure gold. And yes Bill Paxton is hilarious as fvck. Personally I'd rather to see Cameron do Battle Angel and another action comedy instead of Avatar sequels.

"Dickless! I mean, let's face it, if they took care of business, I'd be out of business! You know what I mean?"

Posted Image

Too bad he makes too less movies.

Quality over quantity.I have never ever in my life went to JC movie and thought it wasn't worth buying the ticket.Every single time he makes me want to go see it again and buy VHS/DVD/BR. Hence why I think he is the KING.Also, he's the only director that made me think JL Curtis was hot even for a few minutes lol

Never heard. Is it good?Her body is wowza in True Lies.

TRADING PLACES is awesome. In terms of Jamie Lee, she has a topless scene (which was notable back then), and as such the movie has a special place in the hearts of us who were young and impressionable back then.
  • Like 5

TRADING PLACES is awesome. In terms of Jamie Lee, she has a topless scene (which was notable back then), and as such the movie has a special place in the hearts of us who were young and impressionable back then.

I've ruined my VHS just because of that scene... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Cameron's bringing Josh Friedman (creator/show-runner of THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES) on-board to help finish up the scripts:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-cameron-brings-writer-josh-597234

is that a good news? never watched that show but I know that it has many fans who mourn it's cancellation.

It's pretty sad that even after T2, Titanic and Avatar, it seems Cameron still have to prove himself. People keep doubting his ability to push the boundaries, that he will fail.

I mean if someone like Nolan, who is considered the hottest thing in Hollywood right now had Cameron's palmares (2 biggest popular movies of our era sitting at the top of BO since 1998), the internet would be even more an insufferable place for generations to come, Nolan would be considered more than an infallible God worshiped by legions of fanboys labeling him more gifted than Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Welles and Spielberg united. Nolan could rest on his throne forever with that under his belt never being doubted for decades but Cameron can't catch a break like people don't take him as seriously as Nolan even if he is twice the man Nolan would ever wish to be if he had 9 lives.

Cameron is a scriptwriter, director, editor, producer, concept artist (Check out his badass drawings), mattepainter and visual effects artist (on his debut movies, for Roger Corman and Carpenter's NY1997), deep-sea explorer (Titanic and Mariana trenches expeditions), engineer (conceiving his own 3D camera rig with Vince Pace), he is truly a Renaissance man.

Trust me Dash its only Internet haters that compare Nolan to Cameron. In the real world of fans Cameron has no equal and the only guy bigger is Mr. Speilberg.. But in this era Speilberg has lost some thunder, Cameron never has. :)

• Like 1

While we're on the subject of True Lies, it's a damn shame it is not available on Blu Ray yet, and the DVD is woeful as is. Come on, Fox!

While we're on the subject of True Lies, it's a damn shame it is not available on Blu Ray yet, and the DVD is woeful as is. Come on, Fox!

Well Put Carlos :D