Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The final trailer was OK, again the human/RDA side of the movie gets near zero attention apart from a few glimpses here and there. I do get that T2 vibe where everything is just bigger less restrained. 

As for the pre-sales in my area, almost 24 hours later I would consider them soft, nothing close to sold out for Thursday previews yet in three theatres I checked. I do have data on Black Panther 10 days prior to release and the day before, it will be interesting to see how WoW stacks up. 

This trailer still does nothing for me. I must've changed. I remember being really excited for the original when it came out. Now looking back at it, I actually haven't seen the original since it came out and I was probably more excited by the prospect of the revolutionary 3D technology more than anything else. That thing just doesn't excite me anymore. I haven't seen a movie in 3D in almost 3 years, and I can't really say that I miss it.

Just now, poweranimals said:

I see Avatar is back on Disney Plus but it seems to be about 20 minutes shorter now. It was originally 3 hours. Now it's 2 hours and 42 minutes. 

I'm pretty sure the original theatrical release is ~2.5 hours and it's the special edition that is 3 hours.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Extended cut has anything significant scenes?

Not really. It’s interesting to watch as a fan, but the extra scenes tend to slow the pace down and you can understand why they were cut.

The only significant extra scene for me was Jake finding Tsu’tey after he gets shot and falls, but again, it sort of feels out of place amidst the big battle.

EDIT: It was only ever the theatrical cut on Disney+ by the way, at least in the UK.

Edited by SnokesLegs

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Extended cut has anything significant scenes?

Yes, some very significant scenes.

- The movie opens on Earth

- We see the school for the Na'vi kids + the back story of what happened there

- Tsutey's death and a few other scenes. 

You should be able to find them on Youtube along with all of the deleted scenes that didn't make any cut of the movie. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Yes, some very significant scenes.

- The movie opens on Earth

- We see the school for the Na'vi kids + the back story of what happened there

- Tsutey's death and a few other scenes. 

You should be able to find them on Youtube along with all of the deleted scenes that didn't make any cut of the movie. 

That’s such a weird way to open the film though, it doesn’t really endear you to Jake, he just seems arrogant, overly cocky and bitter. I know there’s elements of that in the theatrical version, but the tone of the alternate opening feels at odds with the rest of the film (especially the random domestic abuse). More than anything though, it doesn’t add anything that we don’t learn within the next 5 minutes anyway. I much prefer the space opening.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2