Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Perhaps but don't start getting weird about it. 

No doubt about it. Only question is how much Cameron swag you'll be dining on XxR. 

Wondering now does this beat Avatar 1 by alot, or creeps by or lands between Endgame and Titanic for its worldwide Tally. Your predict was 2.1b right

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

No doubt about it. Only question is how much Cameron swag you'll be dining on XxR. 

Wondering now does this beat Avatar 1 by alot, or creeps by or lands between Endgame and Titanic for its worldwide Tally. Your predict was 2.1b right

$2-2.2B without China. China is too unpredictable for a real estimate right now. 

9 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

$2-2.2B without China. China is too unpredictable for a real estimate right now. 

I have Avatar OS at 2.35b-2.4b

.China: 550-600m

So you predicting

2b-2.2b ww and still figuring out China?

My prediction is 3.4b-3.5b ww including china.. But I won't be surprised if this actually gets closer or manages to surpass 4b ww.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

You have OS without China at 2.35-2.4B? What about DOM?

OS with China 2.4b -2.5b

Domestic 1.05B.

WW= 3.4b- 3.5b

Would love more depending on key territories os and how high the President of China allows Avatar2  to go. It's said he's a.huge fan of Cameron and love both Titanic and Avatar. Very good right now for Avatar in China💯👍

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

OS with China 2.4b -2.5b

Domestic 1.05B.

WW= 3.4b- 3.5b

Would love more depending on key territories os and how high the President of China allows Avatar2  to go. It's said he's a.huge fan of Cameron and love both Titanic and Avatar. Very good right now for Avatar in China💯👍

While I'm more conservative that you on this, I hope your number comes to fruition. You can never have too many epic box office runs

:sparta:

24 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

You have OS without China at 2.35-2.4B? What about DOM?

What is your domestic since your OW is 160m ?

Well your max 2.2b ww is still good but I feel Avatar 2 will go well over that ww. Again rem NWH got 1.1 B OS. Avatar should make at least 1.2b more than that internationally

Kal of Bom since 2002

190m OW,

(5.75X multiplier)

1.09B domestic🏋‍♀️

OS 2.45.   3.5b ww

-New domestic and WW champ.

9 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

While I'm more conservative that you on this, I hope your number comes to fruition. You can never have too many epic box office runs

:sparta:

Cool glad you don't rule out another 3 peat jaw dropping  domestic and worldwide event movie  from Cameron. We need the Yoda of filmmaking to hopefully encourage more directors that are trusted with big budgets to shoot for the stars than a typical formalic franchise formula.

Avatar films may really encourage some incredible epics to come in the future XXR. Really would love him to be the first to get that 1bil plus domestic as well.

6 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

What is your domestic since your OW is 160m ?

Well your max 2.2b ww is still good but I feel Avatar 2 will go well over that ww. Again rem NWH got 1.1 B OS. Avatar should make at least 1.2b more than that internationally

Kal of Bom since 2002

190m OW,

(5.75X multiplier)

1.09B domestic🏋‍♀️

OS 2.45.   3.5b ww

-New domestic and WW champ.

160 isn't my hardline OW number. I'm closer to 170 now. 

$165-170M OW

$700-750M DOM

$1.25-1.4B OS-C

$400-600M China 

3 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

160 isn't my hardline OW number. I'm closer to 170 now. 

$165-170M OW

$700-750M DOM

$1.25-1.4B OS-C

$400-600M China 

So your feeling so far around 2.4-2.7b ww?

Good predict. Glad your part of the people definitely  care about Avatar with those numbers. I mean on YouTube and reddit you had fools really comparing this to black Adam and Dr Strange 2. SMH. Man I was rolling my eyes.

But obviously those commentators are over the top haters or know nothing about bo and Cameron's fan base and track record 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

NWH made 1.03 Billion OS-China (-Russia-Ukraine). Asia can add 130m over NWH's total, Europe adds 125m, Australia adds 25m, Middle East adds 35m, CIS gives 5m and LATAM will remain about same. 

With Current situation & Trends, Avatar 2's best shot at  OS - China (- Russia - Ukraine) = $1.35 Billion.

2022 is similar to year 2011 and 2005, The Christmas Weekend and New Year Weekend will be disappointing if you will keep comparing it to Avatar 1's run or TFA. I am just hoping that it does better than NWH's Christmas and New Year Weekend. I see DOM, more and more like 700m.  NWH didn't have to deal something major in mid of Feb and AWOW will have to. Also, This is if it opens to 190m OW~ then, 95m (This is Optimistic drop for 2nd Weekend  -  It's a Christmas Weekend and Christmas Falls on 2nd Sunday - It's sad if you know, What I mean. Mondays will be boosted though little better than NWH situation). Again, 105m (Again, Optimistic 3rd Weekend as NY Eve falls on 31st destroying the 3rd Saturday). By End of Month of Jan, If it can touch 600m, then maybe it will reach 750s fighting Antman and whatnot.

Also, People are getting happy that more and more Chinese Theatres are going to open but If Chinese Market improves a lot more, then there is a lot more Chance that WE2 will come over on Chinese new year. So, I am looking at 600m in China.

8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

NWH made 1.03 Billion OS-China (-Russia-Ukraine). Asia can add 130m over NWH's total, Europe adds 125m, Australia adds 25m, Middle East adds 35m, CIS gives 5m and LATAM will remain about same. 

With Current situation & Trends, Avatar 2's best shot at  OS - China (- Russia - Ukraine) = $1.35 Billion.

2022 is similar to year 2011 and 2005, The Christmas Weekend and New Year Weekend will be disappointing if you will keep comparing it to Avatar 1's run or TFA. I am just hoping that it does better than NWH's Christmas and New Year Weekend. I see DOM, more and more like 700m.  NWH didn't have to deal something major in mid of Feb and AWOW will have to. Also, This is if it opens to 190m OW~ then, 95m (This is Optimistic drop for 2nd Weekend  -  It's a Christmas Weekend and Christmas Falls on 2nd Sunday - It's sad if you know, What I mean. Mondays will be boosted though little better than NWH situation). Again, 105m (Again, Optimistic 3rd Weekend as NY Eve falls on 31st destroying the 3rd Saturday). By End of Month of Jan, If it can touch 600m, then maybe it will reach 750s fighting Antman and whatnot.

Also, People are getting happy that more and more Chinese Theatres are going to open but If Chinese Market improves a lot more, then there is a lot more Chance that WE2 will come over on Chinese new year. So, I am looking at 600m in China.

Avatar 2 will be getting far more legs than NWH OS. That's why most feel 2b-2.6 b OS even without Russia and Ukraine. No comparison. Avatar gave an experience way beyond anything folks will seek escape in droves to get that escape Shanks.

Nwh is great but ats it core it's just a nostalgia fueled comic movie. Avatar 2 is a force that gives a put you in awe experience and transport you out of the theater..I can't see an OS including china only at 1.35b ???. I mean in UK alone it could hit 130-200m. Korea 140-200m, Australia 70-140m China 500-900m. Your scenario seems impossible at this point.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Avatar 2 will be getting far more legs than NWH. That's why most feel 2b-2.6 b OS. No comparison. Avatar gave an experience way beyond.anything folks will seek escape in droves. Nwh is great but it's just a nostalgia fueled movie. Avatar 2 is a force that gives a put you in awe experience..I can't see an OS including china only 1.35. I mean in UK alone it could hit 140-200m. China 600-800m. Your scenario seems impossible.

Fanboying is all good and great but You should read again.  5 people will comment on your comment without reading my comment, So, Please Read again and only quote me if you can counter me. Don't  write whatever your heart wants. 

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Fanboying is all good and great but You should read again.  5 people will comment on your comment without reading my comment, So, Please Read again and only quote me if you can counter me. Don't  write whatever your heart wants. 

I already did. Just from Asia territories Mr Shanks avatar 2 is likely to make 800-1b.

Please don't post from your obvious heart wanting this movie to fail.

Heck variety predicts this to make at least 2.5

Box office sites predict 2.6-3.3b. Seems your in a dream world with that one Shanks.

700m max for avatar.and only 200m-300m Os over NWH. Lmao. That's as bad as folks comparing this film to Strange 2 in most opinion..

So your predicting a low of 1.6b and high of 1.9-2b

Your going to need a bigger boat to sale with your disappointment brother.Shanks

Especially wanting a 1.6 b ww run lol

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

arent you being a bit too conservative 

He's being ludcrious.

Variety people saying it could make 2.5b easily at this point with a shot at beating the original. They definitely seeing far above Shanks numbers in.europe lol.

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

arent you being a bit too conservative 

Lol all of Europe adds 130m. I don't think anyone is taking that one seriously. Make.sure to keep record of that statement. And the 1.3b OS max for Avatar (I think he included china in that total. 😄😄)

On 12/8/2022 at 4:23 AM, stuart360 said:

I think that idea is out of the window, and has been for a few years now.

In fact Jon Landau said in aninterview today (or yesterday) that early on they were talking about a movie based around water, a movie based around snow, a movie based around deserts etc, and how other moons could be involved. Then they realized just how big the Earth is, and how the Earth has all those things, so Pandora can have all those things too.

And then I saw something earlier quoting Jim that AVATAR V will be on Earth. 🤯