Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

I think some of you are getting a BIT carried away by the hype here. This ain’t hitting anywhere near the $240M-$330M range, the pre-sale data so far doesn’t even hint at that possibility.

$150-$185M is a good target, and with Christmas legs it’ll still do extremely well.

Maybe someone should tell you dear  snokes that data didnt indicate  End game's and especially NwH 260m astounding Ows. So you should learn from the past and never say never Mr Snokes. Cameron films have  made the so called impossible  possible and then some. Not once but 2 times in a row. 

Tracking a week or two ago before reviews was at 155-180m..i beg to differ that 205-240m ow are out of Avatars Range 😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I didn't keep up with the latest news regarding tracking, but i hope you guys are not blinded by hype and the movie can do 180M+ OW

It can, it will depends on the final days. 

It's tracking closer to 150-160M opening imo, if it doesn't blow up on final days i think it will be around this (and could happen considering the holidays and there's no much rush). 

I think the OW is not that important tho, the presales are showing so many signs of backloadness that i think +5x multiplier is highly possible, it just needs a good reception which seems like it will get.

1 hour ago, Ronin46 said:

185 is the upper limit? I think 180 looks about average now. Could see it over 185 quite easily. Not sure it can get to 200 but wont be that far off it IMO.

Thank you and man oh man if it hits brother  jimbos 205- 210m OW range +  that 7x plus   cameron multiplier.  Wow.

Last tracking was 155-180million. So looking good for my 190m or a much larger number by Avatar 2 release date.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

My mom's favorite movie is Avatar 1 and since she doesn't follow movies news, she didn't know the sequel was coming next week.

We were watching TV today and suddenly we got a Way Of Water spot. 

She was completely mesmerized during the whole spot and she told me we had to watch WoW on opening day.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

My mom's favorite movie is Avatar 1 and since she doesn't follow movies news, she didn't know the sequel was coming next week.

She was completely mesmerized during the whole spot and she told me we had to watch WoW on opening day.

Hollywood Reporter way back  Nov 23 stated Avatar is tracking at an astounding 150-170m OW.

We are going to absolutely destroy the haters statements that  it point blank will be lucky to beat Black Adam(lol) and those. No one care about Avatar  nonsense 80-120 m ow predicts now. Lmao..Wooohoo!

Avatar 2 madness is beginning brother Greb. I hope we get new tracking info soon. So far its at 160-180m and climbing. PS. Things to note.  articles from HRs 150-170m tracking data are being extremely conservative estimates. Nice meaning HR is expecting likely over 200m OW.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

17 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

similar situation with my dad

but I already told him about it a year ago, otherwise hed probably stumble upon it on the newspaper

repeated variations of "Cameron, hes good at this" multiple times during the trailer

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

26 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Glad mom loved Avatar and is so excited for part 2. Man when I saw 40-80 yrs old crying similar to Titanic I just knew this is another World breaker. Such a beautiful in awe feeling coming out of the imax. I went back 6-7 more times to Pandora and still craved more, but had to watch the budget lol.

• Like 1

My mom doesn't go to theaters for years as well, but she was the one that take me to watch Avatar 1 when i was 12 and she said she wanted to go again for the sequel, it really surprise me 

I think this is what social media don't gets when they talk about how nobody cares. Avatar is trully a 4 quadrant movie, a huge part of it's audience just isn't on twitter making stan wars (which they think is the absolute proof of success)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Maybe someone should tell you dear  snokes that data didnt indicate  End game's and especially NwH 260m astounding Ows.

With 7 days left before previews they definitely indicated something in those ranges. It's not like Endgame was showing $250M and then hit $357M out of nowhere. 

40 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

You didn't tell your mom the sequel to her favorite movie was coming out? Dang....

:ban:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

You didn't tell your mom the sequel to her favorite movie was coming out? Dang....

:ban:

TBF I told her about the sequel back when the first teaser was released, seems she just forgot it.

Also, yesterday I asked her to make some time next week so we could go to the theater, I just didn't tell her what movie we were watching cause I want it to keep it as a surprise, just as I took her to A1 rerelease as a surprise.

Edited by Grebacio
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

With 7 days left before previews they definitely indicated something in those ranges. It's not like Endgame was showing $250M and then hit $357M out of nowhere. 

I repeat no data predicted that. News said 250 and a chance at 300m OW. Not 357m. Avatar 2 can bring even golden age moviegoers. Something neither Marvel or SWs can really tap into. Force awakens manage to tap somewhat into that because Harrison Ford, but the movie itself was nowhere close to James Cameron epic film in quality or that in awe and wow factor. When you see 60-70 yr orders saying they have to see the Avatar sequel. This shows Cameron is one in a billion as a film director that delivers the complete audience wow factor like no one else.

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

I repeat no data predicted that. News said 250 and a chance at 300m OW. Not 357m. Avatar 2 can bring even golden age moviegoers.

Yeeaaa you're definitely not qualified to speak on what data predicted. You weren't in the tracking thread doing it. I was. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

My mom doesn't go to theaters for years as well, but she was the one that take me to watch Avatar 1 when i was 12 and she said she wanted to go again for the sequel, it really surprise me 

I think this is what social media don't gets when they talk about how nobody cares. Avatar is trully a 4 quadrant movie, a huge part of it's audience just isn't on twitter making stan wars (which they think is the absolute proof of success)

Well put Thomas. Pandora is about to show just how much we cared and missed Cameron's wondrous world and epic story of Jake Sully and Nefertiti 🏋‍♀️😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Yeeaaa you're definitely not qualified to speak on what data predicted. You weren't in the tracking thread doing it. I was. 

I can only go by news data stated on endgame and it stated no one expected it. Hence why your 160 w predict will be well off on Avatar 2m Guess this.time myself and a few others are more qualified  to predict Avatar 2 than you lol.  And your going to owe me and jimbo some 1 month memberships. Myself and jimbo and a few others been predicting monsters accurately for over 13 years . The way youve been off at times you should never  point fingers XXR.

Your way absolute statements dont shine brightly. I'll take Shawn and HR bo team predicts over someone lowballing Avatar 2..Ty

😄

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I can only go by news data stated on endgame and it stated no one expected it. Hence why your 160 w predict will be well off on Avatar 2m Guess this.time myself and a few others are more qualified  to predict Avatar 2 than you lol.  And your going to owe me and jimbo some month memberships. Myself and jimbo and a few others been predicting monsters accurately for some years ago. The way youve been off at times you shouldnt point fingers.😄

We Will See Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Haha 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Your predicts start getting obliterated on Dec 16th- Beginning with that Ow predict XxR4. 

I can't wait to see you eat Cameron Banshee swag brother. Lol

Perhaps but don't start getting weird about it. 

• Haha 1