Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

13 minutes ago, AniNate said:

More like about $950mil

Worldwide about $3.1 bil

If DOM doing 950m means the movie is incredible great just like first one,so Ww at least 3500m

DOM and WW have strong connection for the movie like Avatar which popular around all over the world

3100m WW more link to 850m DOM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

it's not. 3D screens have to meet certain markets to be able to play Avatar

it's low because they're pushing 3d and its expected

Well put ... Its not just a movie.. Its a Fracking Experience and Tour De Force Sense Memory Adventure!!!!!!!!  Better not be Soft on this  RIde Cinemas or you dont get a showing. I like Cameron and the Mouse really Pushing this to be show at only the Jaw Dropping 3D standards  as this film looks to break the mold and journey where not even the original has gone before in Technical, Story and Music breakthroughs.. Like that review said folks need to  take notice on how to make a true Movie Event from James Cameron. And that critic saw Top Gun 2 and forgot about it lol. (Although I loved Mavericks , looks like Avatar 2 leaves all these movies in its wake in Quality and Innovation my brother==I mean there are reports of folks sitting in Awe and then clapping after the London Showing--Holy Smokes)

THIS IS OUR LAND!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

If DOM doing 950m means the movie is incredible great just like first one,so Ww at least 3500m

DOM and WW have strong connection for the movie like Avatar which popular around all over the world

3100m WW more link to 850m DOM

I truly hope it makes quite a bit more than 900-950m domestic but I couldnt dissappointed which such a tally in a pandemic era still going on. Thats still crazy success.  Still feeling Avatar is going to fly over 190M OW :)  and go for that 1.09-1.3B Domestic mark.

Keep focusing on it bruce , theres alot of minds with us on its potential to surpass SW 2015 domestically by 100-300+ M :)

Lets GO!! Shoot there are 1.4-1.6B Domestic predictions out there now ;-O!!!

4 hours ago, Bruce said:

NWH doing 1.1B Os-C

which region you think Avatar 2 will way below NWH?

LOl Bruce thats a good question indeed my brother. Avatar is way more supported than any comic film OS  in history LMao. And if Im not mistaken

didnt NWH lose China  and Korea? 

That makes no sense pending a war or some disaster that Avatar 2 with these reviews would lose to NWH OS.. Absolutely unlikely for that to happen. More likely Camerons Masterpiece beats NW OS by 1.6B-2.0B

OS for utter dominance.  I cant wait to see what territory some of our haters feel NWH would beat Avatar in.  Not in UK, Not in Austraila, Not in  Germany , Dont know about Russia with all going on, but time will tell. Not in Asia and India Markets.  Jake Sully and Nefteryi should be well ahead of Marvel and Sonys mightiest hero at the BO(-Well the return of OG Spiderman definitely helped NWH)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

30 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone’s disappointment threshold? If ATWOW didn’t make it over (insert number), I’d be disappointed. For me it’s $600M domestic and $1.25B OS.

ww-c below NWH

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 minute ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone’s disappointment threshold? If ATWOW didn’t make it over (insert number), I’d be disappointed. For me it’s $600M domestic and $1.25B OS.

given how good it looks and reception my bottom of the range is 1.8b. That would be meh but ok. 2.5 is my top which I think excellent:  above is crazy good

2 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone’s disappointment threshold? If ATWOW didn’t make it over (insert number), I’d be disappointed. For me it’s $600M domestic

Same here, but no chance this is happening.

Isn't it tracking at over 170M OW?

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm a little confused with this post. I'm talking box office not ticket sales.

If Avatar 2 sells 100% 3D for example, and TFA sold 100% 2D for example. You can't adjust TFA by inflation using Avatar 2's average ticket price. It's an error.

Not to mention.. SWS has what nearly 45 yrs of fan power in 2015.. I think Avatar gets more the win here.

Its an original franchise that absoluted a Nostalgia filled Power House with old and young SWS fans fuelling the Return of Han Solo(Harrison Ford with all the Legend characters) 

Avatar had none of that just the reputation of James Cameron and of course the mightiest film event of all time and greatest ticket seller in history his own Titanic.

So no SWS has years on Avatar. If Fox and Cameron keep Avatar franchises going years into the future then you can compare 

it to SWS, but as of now Avatar  is the biggest pound for pound franchise of all time. :)

Marvel the biggest movie Brand franchise of all time. Dwarfing SWs and even Pokemon by overwelming margin.

With Disney owning 50% of Avatar... SHoot its a win win for them lol

8 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Tbh given all the factors at play I'd be disappointed if it didn't at least match the original's takes, but the main thing I care about is if it makes enough to get 4 and 5 a green light

• Like 1