Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

Is that my old Mojo frenemy, "Kal-El", I see? 🙂

Hello brother Shawn... IT IS I..(Still mourning the downfall of Superman Returns vs Pirates 2 lol)

Well we were never enemies, I do remember alot of folks imitating me  back then tho.

How are you man :).. Loving the new forum.. Good to be seen Shawn lol   You were suppose to join this BO Convo long time ago my brother.. And yes indeed wonderous Avatar excitement is about to begin again..

Are you ready to return to Pandora :)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

^ LOL This post made my Day... Thats definitely the smoes who had no clue about how big Avatar and James Cameron Fanbase is lol.. Black Panther mentioned in the same BO level as Avatar?? LOL

It goes back to what I was saying yesterday about /r/boxoffice users being full of people who aren't forced to learn how box office works.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It goes back to what I was saying yesterday about /r/boxoffice users being full of people who aren't forced to learn how box office works.

Wish we could see their faces when they see just how bad the lackluster sequel gets spanked by the Avatar 2 😄 

BP2 definitely was a sharp drop off from the first film ouch. Felt a bit letdown. I did like the introduction of Namor though.

I hope they give him a detailed character ARC Solo movie. Loved the comic version of him in the 90s

19 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wish we could see their faces when they see just how bad the lackluster sequel gets spanked by the Avatar 2 😄 

BP2 definitely was a sharp drop off from the first film ouch. Felt a bit letdown. I did like the introduction of Namor though.

I hope they give him a detailed character ARC Solo movie. Loved the comic version of him in the 90s

"you should see your faces" -Trudy

Let's get it done Kal, we're about to make box office history yet again. The sws padawans, the superhero crowd, they need to know. That this.... THIS IS OUR LAND!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"you should see your faces" -Trudy

Let's get it done Kal, we're about to make box office history yet again. The sws padawans, the superhero crowd, they need to know. That this.... THIS IS OUR LAND!

I can here that Arkadian Empire Avatar Music......Playing already

VICTORY!!!!  Jedis, and Superhero Compadres... Came in Soft.... So Its Pandora Ju Ju Bean time for them!! LOL

" THIS IS OUR LAND !"

1B Domestic for Avatar 2, and 3B+ WW  --- " LETS GET IT DONE !" 

" IT LOOKS LIKE YOU!"      " THIS IS YOUR AVATAJAKE!"    ( Always loved that moment in the trailer and in the film itself. So much amazing breakthroughs in one film.  The Avatar  body design movement and facial expressions in the tank and when Jake wakes up in the Avatar Body the first time!"

Nothing like it before or Since!!

"Outstanding!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Thanks 1

Highest OW Predicts on Avatar 2: So Far 

Avatar Youtube  Guy : 330M(Woah)

Kal-EL of BOM: 190M( Highend 215)

Iron Jimbo:  190M(Highend 207-210)

XXKR(175-180M)

Stuart360: 185M

Post your OW predicts.. Lets GO!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

11 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

XXKR(175-180M)

Final week presales are not taking off in any major markets. USA, China, SK and Germany are all average or below average compared to other major blockbusters. With that, I’m revising my OW prediction down to $153-158M.

20 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

XXKR(175-180M)

Avatar youtube guy with $330m, damn they must be hooked up to EYWA and on some hallucination trip of something. What's their channel called?

9 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Final week presales are not taking off in any major markets. USA, China, SK and Germany are all average or below average compared to other major blockbusters. With that, I’m revising my OW prediction down to $153-158M.

A lot of dooming about the OW based on presales but I'll say just wait for the reviews to come in and expect the big walk ups. I'll be revising my OW at the last second for your thread, probably not by much.

I've always said this movie will be about legs and I won't be adjusted my total Domestic, XXR will you be doing a legs thread after opening weekend? Because imo that's where the real part is. Predicting opening weekend after having all the pre-sales data is just your ability to understand what pre-sales data really, with a little bit of gambling on walk ups.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar youtube guy with $330m, damn they must be hooked up to EYWA and on some hallucination trip of something. What's their channel called?

A lot of dooming about the OW based on presales but I'll say just wait for the reviews to come in and expect the big walk ups. I'll be revising my OW at the last second for your thread, probably not by much.

I've always said this movie will be about legs and I won't be adjusted my total Domestic, XXR will you be doing a legs thread after opening weekend?

LOl just the biggest OW I saw in some folks Youtube comments lol. So I figure Id put it in there lol

11 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Remember XXR Avatar or Titanic didnt have huge presales either..  Neither did Jurassic Park World.. It opened to 200+M OW.

Lets see what the walkins do for this. I know folks are buying now that reviews  are mesmerizing that have leaked .:)

Lowering your predict might be a bit hasty .. We will See 🙂

2 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

That's a kneejerk if I ever saw one. A day or two of presales data from a few select markets, some of which I'm not sure is being interpreted correctly, isn't anywhere near sufficient to tell us where this is headed — rationally, you'd need at least a few more days of data before making any adjustments, and even then any adjustments would need to be well-measured. One or two days is not a trend.

Now you're very likely to have to adjust back up again by the end of the week, when you could have instead stuck and made a potentially smaller correction if necessary over the next few days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I've always said this movie will be about legs and I won't be adjusted my total Domestic, XXR will you be doing a legs thread after opening weekend?

I know right. Jurassic Park World No one saw a 200+M OW for that either.. Walk INs are coming...

Going to be funny if it beats our Highends Jimbo, Still Cameron films are about dominance from legs so we are still good. This was never expected  to get the top 5 OWs being a winter movie :). But 190-200+M OW still on the table is awesome.

• Like 1

My $190m opening weekend was before any pre-sales came in and was based off historic data, but now all the pre-sales data is here I honestly feel a bit in the dark as I've never really been bothered about this part until this point.

I feel like my $190m is going to be closer to the opening weekend than the average pre-presales estimate on here, but I can't say the same for my post-presales estimate because honestly I don't have a clue what it means.

28 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Thats reasonable if the OD is at $18m-$19m which its very likely that it will be. Do you think that if the reviews are as good as they can be and walk ins be better than expected (not that unlikely) that there is a solid chance the IM ends up closer to x9 or is that too much?

Edited by Gkalaitza

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

My $190m opening weekend was before any pre-sales came in and was based off historic data, but now all the pre-sales data is here I honestly feel a bit in the dark as I've never really been bothered about this part until this point.

I feel like my $190m is going to be closer to the opening weekend than the average pre-presales estimate on here, but I can't say the same for my post-presales estimate because honestly I don't have a clue what it means.

Let people meltdown over pre-sales. I'm sticking with my 180mil prediciton.

I have always said this is going to be a legs film and not a opening wekend film, and i still believe that.

It just means its going to take a little longer for Cameron to prove the doubters wrong, yet again.

• Like 3