Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

some say 4 billion prediction which must be a greater comedy than watching just for laughs gags

4B could be 1B off, better that 99% of Avatar predicts. So 1B off  for Avatar 2 is a good prediction.

• Like 1

LOL devin faraci, what a looser, he is still mad, cuz he was raped by cameron so hard, that it still hurts.

Back in 2009 he predicted, that avatar will fail, boxoffice wise, and critical wise. After he realised that he lost against big JIM, he was on a campaign against avatar and cameron, man this guy ist such jerk, and he still cant get over it, that he was owned by cameron.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 3

To me Terminator 2 is the first blockbuster of the new era, where technology helped push the envelope visually and scale wise.

For its time, T2 was fucking epic in scale, the set pieces were orgasmic.

People say Jurassic PArk changed everything, but blockbuster wise, for me, the template to follow was T2.

• Like 2

LOL devin faraci, what a looser, he is still mad, cuz he was raped by cameron so hard, that it still hurts.

Back in 2009 he predicted, that avatar will fail, boxoffice wise, and critical wise. After he realised that he lost against big JIM, he was on a campaign against avatar and cameron, man this guy ist such jerk, and he still cant get over it, that he was owned by cameron.

Devin Faraci is a pleonasm of "pathetic bitter loser" a.k.a "Click whore".

• Like 2

I think Faraci hit his low-point when he had the gall to spin Cameron's deep-sea diving into a negative. 

Yeah that one was sinking so low in jealousy and useless hatred, I promise to myself never to click again on his "articles". What the hell did that endless rant got to do with criticizing filmmaking? He was just dismissing the man himself. What a prick.

• Like 1

Finally, an actual release date.  That projected budget number is astounding considering it is being shot back to back ala LOTR/POTC/Matrix which is supposed to make it cheaper overall.  What is that, basically like 400-450 million per movie if they were shot stand-alone?  My mind is exploding at what JC can do with that much money and freedom.

Finally, an actual release date year.  That projected budget number is astounding considering it is being shot back to back ala LOTR/POTC/Matrix which is supposed to make it cheaper overall.  What is that, basically like 400-450 million per movie if they were shot stand-alone?  My mind is exploding at what JC can do with that much money and freedom.

Did we get a budget? 237M for Avatar, so I would say 250-300M per movie.

Edited by Neo