Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

Not really interested in getting reaction. Just sharing my frustration and anger. See my post, which I edited.

Really, so you're post about A3 being cancelled was a serious post was it?. Same with calling this a commercial and critical faliure?. And all your other baiting posts.

We know what you're doing, at least have the balls to admit it.

• Like 1

yeah

marveldcfox sometimes trolls a bit, but his heart is in the right place, there are reasons to be frustratred and its true that if the box office articles which come out of this weekened are mostly negative, then thats going to have an effect on the box office

dont think his point was that avatar 3 was getting cancelled, think it more had to do that the studio wont allow him to present a 9 hour rought cut and will force him to present a 2.5 hour one

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah

marveldcfox sometimes trolls a bit, but his heart is in the right place, there are reasons to be frustratred and its true that if the box office articles which come out of this weekened are mostly negative, then thats going to have an effect on the box office

dont think his point was that avatar 3 was getting cancelled, think it more had to do that the studio wont allow him to present a 9 hour rought cut and will force him to present a 2.5 hour one

Yeah and there were articles literally calling the first film a 'flop' after its OW. Honestly Google it.

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I get the pushback against concern trolling but saying the film is tracking for 170-200M still has to be trolling too at this point.

Not according to deadline.

And other predictors on the web. I beg to differ.

Definitely can hit over 170m. No matter how much you don't want TgM to fall. I suggest you prepare yourself . There are still folks talking about sellouts and walked in the theater and bought 7 tickets. So we will see.

Strange and leg less 2 is also getting smashed btw

👍💪

avatar GIFAvatar 2 will smashes TGM'S OW of 125m and its multiplier. Get ready!

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Definitely can hit over 170m.

Let's say Deadline is being pessimistic on previews and there's a late surge.

Start with 

Thr: 18.0m

Get me to 175m, OW, Kal. :). What are the F/St/Su splits that get us "over 170m OW".

5 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I guarantee that $170M isn't happening. It'll be $150M at best and $130M at worst.

We will see. I hope it beats your 160m and is closer to me and Jimbos though my brother. This gent has 2 million followers. His reviews will also bring in tickets. Nice

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

first-time-james-franco.gif

(seeing Kal El going Full Kal El, that is)

I just really don't get what the point is. There is no realistic weekend configuration that even makes 170 happen let alone 200.

I was bullish big time with the film but you can't just slam your head against reality and think if you do it enough times it's going to change.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah

Thanks for understanding my post unlike the other person. Obviously avatar 3 will come. They have already shot the thing. But if you think they will give him more money to refine things then you are sorely mistaken.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

first-time-james-franco.gif

(seeing Kal El going Full Kal El, that is)

Naah Kal has a better relationship  with God and his son. Tho Spiderman 1 rants and winning, and Superman returns vs pirates and HP battles were fun tho brother back in the day. Also when myself, Walt disney, jimbo, JC scholar, kayom, our raccoon buddy , Ncsoft, Digham all triumphed over Bkb and Marvel DC in 2009. All legendary moments in time.

Good to see Cameron in a good place to pull the hat trick even under these crazy circumstances. 

Let's get that 170m OW

Come on Pandora!

Lol

IM  Definitely  More Mello but Marvel DC needs to stop.baiting. His films have lost and Pandora 2 worldwind  begins.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I just really don't get what the point is. There is no realistic weekend configuration that even makes 170 happen let alone 200.

I was bullish big time with the film but you can't just slam your head against reality and think if you do it enough times it's going to change.

Hmmm....  

The "point" is that Kal El is very very excited about this movie/series and it's best just to view it as someone who is really happy about the movie/series. :) 

"Seriously, not literally" I believe was the phrase a few years back.

Anything else is perhaps a bit off topic and thus I'll leave it to the side. 

6 minutes ago, Travod said:

I wanted a little less plot and a little more Tree of Life vibes if I’m being honest

Neytiri barely a supporting character which was disappointing 

I found the use of original movie’s musical cues at certain points almost distasteful.

Reveal hidden contents

pretty water

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't describe that the way you did. I guess this proves a lot of people really don't care about that subject which is a shame because I think one reason why Jim made this was because of that.

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Lol so you can track  walk-ins now from the 200mil ticket buyers of the last 2 Cameron films domestically.

Stop it brother. It's you that is talking crazy. 

Glad deadline is more for the 155-175 than

The haters 70-100 m OWs.