Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I like TA but.....

TA WW 1.5b <<< Avatar gross from US, Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan

That's 6 countries. SIX.

Even if we take US out, OS gross from 15 countries is greater than TA WW.

These are facts. Plain and simple.

JC has written/directed some of the greatest sequels while JW has none.

I like Whedon and I have high expectation for TA2, but to deny against JC is just... sad. lol

Posted Image

• Like 3

You know we could also say that the first TA was sold by the introduction and first collaboration of superheroes ever. Now that is not going to be the huge draw it was back in 2012 and it will have nothing new to offer to the GA. Introducing two unknown characters won't boost it's chances of over grossing the first one. The max I see for this is 500m. 

How about staying flat? I see it staying flat.

How about staying flat? I see it staying flat.

623m is huge number and to duplicate it, it needs to be in the same ball park as TA, even sometimes in the case of SPIDERMAN movies, the sequel was better liked and it still grossed less because the target set by the first one was huge much like another small franchise called STAR WARS.
  • Like 1

Avatar will drop from the first, it's pretty obvious. It has the advantage that it's a 3D must see so that means it won't drop THAT much. I still see Avengers 2 under Avatar 2, despite disliking Avatar big time.

• Like 1

Avatar will drop from the first, it's pretty obvious. It has the advantage that it's a 3D must see so that means it won't drop THAT much. I still see Avengers 2 under Avatar 2, despite disliking Avatar big time.

unlike TA 2, Avatar could introduce new world (the water world concept) and bring new things to the entertainment.
  • Like 2

At this point, there is more chance Avengers 2 sucks donkey balls than Avatar 2 because Whedon has no experience in making bombastic sequels that live up and expand on first entry unlike Cameron. Aliens and T2 speak for themselves.

Yes, Cameron has a better and proven track record. But just because Whedon has never made a sequel, doesn't mean this one will automatically suck. Had he ever made a big budget summer tentpole super hero movie before? Nope, and look how that turned out. I love me some Cameron, but I'm not blind to the fact that there is more than a little Cameron in Whedon. I think he is more than up to the challenge. I for one can't wait to see what two of my favorite filmmakers bring to the table in 2015.
  • Like 1

Yes, Cameron has a better and proven track record. But just because Whedon has never made a sequel, doesn't mean this one will automatically suck. Had he ever made a big budget summer tentpole super hero movie before?Nope, and look how that turned out.I love me some Cameron, but I'm not blind to the fact that there is more than a little Cameron in Whedon. I think he is more than up to the challenge.I for one can't wait to see what two of my favorite filmmakers bring to the table in 2015 and 2016.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 will drop from the first. Thats inevitable! Regardless of the setting..

Unless he brings something like perfect 72fps UltraHFR to the table.. (extremely unlikely)

A perfect (technological) storm cant be repeated that easily.

Avenger 2 will drop too.. also inevitable

Before Avatar, films grossing more than 50m were called "a monster hit". Now major releases cross over 100m frequently. And the demand is still yet to be satisfied. You can just imagine how big the market is gonna be 3 years later.

We will bring BKB and others not thinking to clearly about James and Juggernaut2 grip on audiences

to a bitter reality that their  movies WW gross wont even beat A2's OS gross lol. Heck I dont think SW7 and

AVengers 2 WW gross will  come close to Juggernaut'2  WW gross.

You know we could also say that the first TA was sold by the introduction and first collaboration of superheroes ever. Now that is not going to be the huge draw it was back in 2012 and it will have nothing new to offer to the GA. Introducing two unknown characters won't boost it's chances of over grossing the first one. The max I see for this is 500m. 

Amen Twaasal.. I actually see TA2's lowest 470-480M Domestic. Max 550M.(It could hit 600mil

again , but highly unlikely) Goin by James Cameron's ability to make sequels soar.. I think we

will get over 850M domestic(minimum 650-700+M)

I like TA but.....

TA WW 1.5b <<< Avatar gross from US, Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan

That's 6 countries. SIX.

Even if we take US out, OS gross from 15 countries is greater than TA WW.

These are facts. Plain and simple.

JC has written/directed some of the greatest sequels while JW has none.

I like Whedon and I have high expectation for TA2, but to deny against JC is just... sad. lol

Posted Image

Hah hah Bball man... I think the embarrassment of how far James Cameron is over an awesome director like Josh Whedon, will be imminent in the epic failure  of Avengers 2 to improve leaps and bounds over its predecessor.. While Avatar 2 makes

deep 3Billion -4billion WW territory!! Lol. Good points as always the awesome BBallman and my longtime warrior and bud..

6 territorries and now those markets have expanded. Some as much as 150-200%.. Oh my for OS increases

for the Juggernaut!!.

I think the new parts of Pandora's enviroment and even crazier story is going to sweep audiences away and push

the envelope even further this time for James Cameron's Behemoth..

Wow A2 in 48-60FPS is going to be just :bash:

TA2 chances domestically and OS === :cya:

Edited by Superman001

Why is it a stretch anymore than TA2 equaling the TA Domestic gross??? And come on Box office experts, 850M Domestic for AVATAR 2 from a movie that's barely even heard or mentioned for being the #1 grossing movie of all time???

Posted Image

You make me laugh man, stop it. You are a great jokester. 

Oh Good God.. I so look forward to making you look like the biggest Cameron fanboy loser over this prediction when this comes out.. 850M Domestic Kal??? Really??? And you all give me shit about my box office predictions, but come on already.. Even though the loyalist Cameron AVATAR lovers(whoever that may be) know fully damn well this movie isn't going to gross this.. You shit on TA and look to say TA2 stands no chance of equaling the 1st movie Domestic and always say it's gonna fall, but AVATAR 2 is going to make MORE than the 1st movie, right???

Posted Image

Like I said before BKB, facts over over the top fanboyism...Whedon is not James Cameron.

As long as Cameron doesnt get lazy and does what he did with Avatar vs the amazement he gave us with Titanic.

Im thinking A2 will be such an increase in spectacle and quality will be even better than A1..

I feel quite comfortable that we will reach 850M Domestic..(Logic BKB, James cameron sequels have gotten 9.8 x, 30x multipliers in recent memory--Lol You think if A2 opens to 140-200M its not going to get at least a 4.5-5x+ Multiplier--Good luck

with that lol) 

James Cameron any prediction domestically thats between 700-1.2billion is possible..Going by Camerons

average multiplier...Burn that into your brain!!!

• Like 1