Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

But Age of ULTRON Will outgross TA cause it's more popular than AVATAR and you know it, hell, everyone knows it.. You never hear 1 word, not so much as a peep about AVATAR for a movie that made as much as what it did, even in passing and certainly not like TA and just MARVEL in general...

sorry but I have to disagree with this. Avatar isnt as talked about as Avengers because it doesn't have a spin - off being released every 6 months to keep people reminded of it. Avatar is a 4 year old movie and the GA still remembers and loves it. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 4

sorry but I have to disagree with this. Avatar us as talked about as Avengers because it doesn't have a spin - off being released ever 6 months to keep people reminded of it. Avatar is a 4 year old movie and the GA still remembers and loves it.

AVATAR is only 1 film, just 1 film. It doesn't have tv shows, cartoons, comics, other sequels, other films that are linked to it or set in the same universe, it doesn't have decades of lore behind it, its just 1 single film.

What can people talk about exactly?, although BKB knows this already but he's obviously threatened by the sequels probable success and it seems to be his lifes mission to convince all of us (or maybe himself) that no one cares about AVATAR.

Imo the gorsses of the sequels will prove him wrong.

• Like 3

PredictionsAvengers 600m/1.05b 1.650b WWAvatar 2 - 600m/1.5b 2.1bWWI don't see any scenario where Avatar 2 earns less than TA2 and I find it hilarious when people say Avatar isnt remembered and wasn't that well received...yeah, coz films manage to be the highest grossing movies in multiple countries with luke - warm reception. :unsure:We will feel the hype for Avatar 2 about 20 months from now. Btw I don't remember there being much hype for Avatar with the GA 1 month from release, look how that turned out.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

^^No thats an intelligent post from another Avatar and Marvel fan like myself... Neo and others feel the same way.And I definitely feel TA2 could also miss the billion mark OS and fall to 500-550M domestic..CBF that reach max potential, simply dont live up to their predecessor at the BO..Though I Think OS will increase.I have TA2 at 1.6Billion.Juggernaut 2 850M Domestic, and 2.8B OS.. :)

Wait so you're saying Avatar didn't earn it's max potential? Your argument contradicts your own ludicrous Avatar 2 prediction. You then call yourself intelligent lol, without realising it, I think you've just posted the most unintentionally hilarious ironic posts on this thread, well done to you. Edited by Jessie

AVATAR is only 1 film, just 1 film. It doesn't have tv shows, cartoons, comics, other sequels, other films that are linked to it or set in the same universe, it doesn't have decades of lore behind it, its just 1 single film. What can people talk about exactly?, although BKB knows this already but he's obviously threatened by the sequels probable success and it seems to be his lifes mission to convince all of us (or maybe himself) that no one cares about AVATAR.Imo the gorsses of the sequels will prove him wrong.

People argued the same thing with Titanic, claiming it wasn't loved enough to clean up the box office with its re - release, I was one of those people arguing it but it went in to earn an extra 350m WW lol.

I have no doubt each film will make a billion plus. I just have to wonder what else Cameron has planned to make the experience worth seeing. You can only rely on visuals for so long.

AVATAR had a very simple story but a story that has been used multiple times through cinema history and the reason for that is that audiences click with that simple 'good vs evil, man falls in love and switches sides' storyline.

Its effects were definately a major hook and made the film an 'experience' as much as a film but effects only get you so far and if effects were all AVATAR had going for it then we would have many summer blockbusters getting 10x legs every year but we don't and nowhere close.

I have no doubt each film will make a billion plus. I just have to wonder what else Cameron has planned to make the experience worth seeing. You can only rely on visuals for so long.

AVATAR had a very simple story but a story that has been used multiple times through cinema history and the reason for that is that audiences click with that simple 'good vs evil, man falls in love and switches sides' storyline.

Its effects were definately a major hook and made the film an 'experience' as much as a film but effects only get you so far and if effects were all AVATAR had going for it then we would have many summer blockbusters getting 10x legs every year but we don't and nowhere close.

You both make good points.  I do think what made Avatar 10 legs worthy is less so this time around.  There's more familiarity.  Fortunately even with a $1 billion combined budget and with costly advertising, my guess is $2.7billion is needed to break even.  The trilogy will make JC even richer.  

What do you mean?

Why do they have a screening of Avatar? Can you show us the link?

BTW, I dont know if studios always do that, but a few free screening of the original film right before the sequel's release sounds like a great promotion doesnt it? I hope in 2015 Fox can do this.

Edited by vc2002

PredictionsAvengers 600m/1.05b 1.650b WWAvatar 2 - 600m/1.5b 2.1bWWI don't see any scenario where Avatar 2 earns less than TA2 and I find it hilarious when people say Avatar isnt remembered and wasn't that well received...yeah, coz films manage to be the highest grossing movies in multiple countries with luke - warm reception. :unsure:We will feel the hype for Avatar 2 about 20 months from now. Btw I don't remember there being much hype for Avatar with the GA 1 month from release, look how that turned out.

Is that the worst decline ever (WW) for a 1B+ movie?

Why do they have a screening of Avatar? Can you show us the link?

BTW, I dont know if studios always do that, but a few free screening of the original film right before the sequel's release sounds like a great promotion doesnt it? I hope in 2015 Fox can do this.

A year before release?

Wait so you're saying Avatar didn't earn it's max potential? Your argument contradicts your own ludicrous Avatar 2 prediction. You then call yourself intelligent lol, without realising it, I think you've just posted the most unintentionally hilarious ironic posts on this thread, well done to youJ

Jessie you and BKB seem to lack common sense. .So I will debate this with  members

who have a normal capacity for an intellectual debate.. If you two cant understand that Juggernaut 2009

was in 300+  % less 3D and TC capable theaters OS  and did 2B+  abroad, and tiny Avengers couldnt muster 900M OS

in a far bigger 3D and regular TC theater count... I'm sorry but I think you and BKB need seriously add

some brain pep to come up with a  serious debate on how Avengers 2  has any hope to win.

For those with common sense the expanding markets  since 2009, means as long as James Cameron keeps

pushing the envelope and not getting lazy, then Avatar 2 will easilly push the OS BO much further

than the original.

Even a 12 year old could understand that BkB and Jessie. Up  your box office IQ fellas before talking foolishly.

Game Set and Match --Kal and the JC/Avatar 2 for domination warmongers!!

Yeeehawww!~'

Fact with far more 3D theaters domestically and TC counts period than Avatar I

Avengers Domestic  was only 620+M, and OS fell short of 900m..LOL ...

Logic over fanboy delusions of grandure everytime... ;)

Jessie, we can go around and round about this as though this has never happened, but it was the intro to true 3D that propelled this movie and you'd have to be a gullible idiot to think otherwise.. And, sorry, but NO, No one talks about AVATAR for a movie that made as much as what it did and unless Cameron introduces someting greater than 3D, then the sequel isn't gonna make no stupid 869M Domestic like Kal thinks and YES, The AVENGERS and it's sequel is already being talked about more than the sequel to the #1 grossing movie of all time, that being AVATAR.. It's true and everyone knows it..

Bkb I Suggest like I said up your BO IQ before trying to make a good debate for your film.

So far your losing every argument  in here to me, Neo, Kayum, Bballman... Even A2 fans who think it will make less have

the sequel to worlds greatest film experience of all time destroying TA2 by 1.5-2Billion..

The funny thing even the domestic 3D and normal 2D TC counts were bigger and Avengers didnt have a prayer to

reach  the Juggernauts numbers. Going by how James Cameron's  big sequels performs..Like T2, Aliens.  Your  Marvel book

fanboy loonism and statements are laughable..  And in the end like the rest against JC, you will end up looking like a fool.

Logic of James Cameron's work over the capabilties of Josh Whedon also stands here.

Hah hah. Its the end of your movie... Best try to come up with another film that has hopes to come within 1.5billion of Juggernaut 2016. :)

Also we see like always in the forums you result to lying on what was said by posters when you lose every argument.

MY predict was never 869M.. It was 850M. Try again  silly delusional marvel fb LOL

Ok Superman001, I admit I may be misreading your slightly rambling and incoherent post...But if you are saying Avatarwill clearly make more OS that the first...well, while I don't discount the possibility...to call others foolish for not thinking that will happen is ridiculous. You're taking about box office that is unseen before by any film. You simply can't expect hat, even if it's possible. It's not foolish to doubt that happening...it's honestly probably more reasonable. No doubt, all bets are off with this sequel...but come on you can't say it's absurd to say it WON'T do that...how can you possibly say that, you have no metric to do that?Now if I misread your post...well, write clearer posts next time.

• Like 2

This is  what happens when delusional Marvel FBs see the true power of James Cameron

shocking and wowing audiences again with the sequel. Not to mention  when TA2 likely fails to beat the original by much.

And Avatar beats Avengers 2 by 2billion+  WW

BKB and Jessie Join the captain..Its the only thing TA2 fans over Avatar 2 will be doing after James cameron

breaks the rules and sits his film in the all time number 1 spot again. :)

http://www.funnybookbabylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/avengers277.jpg