Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

His films are good but they take too long. I mean if he wants to do Avatar 2 and 3..... Then when the hell is he going to make Battle Angel?

I don't know what will end up happening. I'm quite interested to see how a Battle Angel film turns out and hopefully Cameron gives us at least one film before he retires from filmmaking. He doesn't seem to me to be the kind of person who would retire early but he is 57 now. I doubt we will see a Battle Angel film for at least ten years. Edited by Magic

Every single person who has ever made a film has has strengths and weaknesses. Every single one. Nobody is immune. Some have more strengths than others and Cameron has generally been pretty good in a number of departments and has been very successful as a result. It doesn't make him a God. You can't even mention one weak point and yet I have conceded his strong films in the past, his vision and his extroardinary success in CGI and technical innovation before as well as his strong female characters. If anyone here is being less objective and filling this thread with unthinking nonsense it's you, not me.

"If you dont say anything bad about Cameron, then you dont see his weakness and you think he's a god.""Only a naysayer deals in absolutes."

All you have done is gush about Cameron at every possible opportunity regarding anything at all for a fair while now. How else am I meant to interpret it?A lame line dragged up from Revenge of the Sith which is actually an ironic absolute in itself isn't a good argument.

If someone is criticising aspects of to say a film does that make them a naysayer?If it critique aspects of TDK or DH2 or ROTK does that also make me a naysayer or am I only a naysayer when I criticize something that Cameron has done I wonder?

Edited by Magic

Well, I quoted that line not to set any argument because I already said what I had to say a few pages back (which you didnt answer BTW). I quoted that line to just have a little fun teasing a naysayer.

Of course I didn't answer. It was too long and it droned on and you basically said the same thing I've heard you say many times before. I didn't feel there was much point to be honest. Edited by Magic

If you want to argue the definition of a "naysayer", we can go back to page 19.

It's not being a naysayer when there are legitimate criticisms to be made. I didn't say Avatar was a terrible film (because it's not) or there weren't aspects that weren't done rather well (some were exceptional) or that there wasn't anything to like because that's not true.

Every single person who has ever made a film has has strengths and weaknesses. Every single one. Nobody is immune. Some have more strengths than others

Amen to that but you know that pointing out weaknesses results in fanboy wars.

Cameron has generally been pretty good in a number of departments and has been very successful as a result. It doesn't make him a God.

It makes him the Geek God which is worse. Geek Gods are cause of all wars that rage on the Internet.

Do you mean for 2014? Cleo might not be ready for 2014 if Fincher is in involved also Jolie (many projects). SHIII (I don't think it would be an event movie as TLII. I have a few replace Avatar 2 with Cowboy Bebop, also you could release Sinatra or the Martian Chronicles.DiCaprio could have to Christmas movies again: 20,000 and Sinatra.