Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Worldwide total will be < $2B.

Raise that by 1.6B extra to 2B+ Clef and that is the maximum potential number. :)

Your talking about this film could make 750-1B+ Domestic my friend and  2.5-3B+ OS...

Im sorry but there is almost no way the sequel to worlds most loved Sci-fi and film that dominates all the recent films of this era

on TV, merchandising etc is going to make only 2B.

Unless some misfortune hits the world economy of course. God willing James Cameron will sit in the  number 1 spot again all time domestically and worldwide and surpass Avatar and Titanic by over over 2Billion :)

I thought BKB had an outlandish 425M predict for Avatar 2, but treeroy takes the cake with around 380M DOM.

We will burn his and BKB's predict down by substancial amount and I hope double or dare i say double or much more than BKB's prediction.

Come On  James Cameron and company!!! Lets show them the potential of the ultimate sequel!!

It s funy because other studios announce movie dates as if the Avatar sequels weren t coming.

I mean, are we really gonna have a Christmas with an Avatar movie and Star Wars VIII ?

I don't believe that for a second, someone will move.

I dont think Juggernaut 2016 fears SW VII lol... After all James Cameron fans will even purposely now watch SWs as much to make sure Avatar blows anything away. If Disney put Avengers against the beauty that is James Cameron. I gurantee Avengers is going to take a hit. Ive never seen any fandom as loyal as the world is to James Cameron epics.

Are you forgettign the next James Cameron film will flop  garbage or he will never be able to top his own Titanic..lol

His very next movie , The movie god's fans show up!!! :)

760M , 2.8B WW.. What will the sequel make in the expanded markets with james Cameron totally involved in each one!!??

Oh my! :wub::stirthepot::worthy:

• Like 1

3d ratio for the sequel will be way lower. Despite Cameron being the one who knows how to channelize it I doubt audience will go back to 3d. Plus I doubt they will be able to create the same event feeling as original. My prediction is 450M.

OS will grow in developing markets. But some markets will fall. I doubt spain/italy will come close to previous movie.

I think this will probably make around the same OS as the 1st one depending on china increasing to 400M or more. Rest of asia will grow but not that much. Japan will drop quite a bit as well as they are well over 3d fad. Latin America will grow quite a bit while developed markets will stay flat or drop depending on the markets.

Odds are no they won't create the same event feel as the first, but you never know with James Cameron. Also 450m is a HUGE event in movie terms, so don't sound like 450m (if it grosses that) is a disappointment or anything to scoff at. That's still double my original prediction for the first movie and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I agree with the international analysis though.

Possible. But that happens more in the case of original movie than a sequel. I am not certain Avatar sequel will be able to make it something new. Plus Cameron is taking way too much time to release the sequel. This would have been 2x bigger had he released in 2012. 7 years time(I am not even sure this will release by that time) is too long and original wont hold up that well after that long. So I dont see this one becoming the event that the 1st movie became post release. But I could be wrong.

I would rather Cameron take 20 years to make a great product then 3 to make a crappy one. Him taking this long means he's serious about getting it right and regardless of what it makes I'd prefer waiting and getting a great movie over a crappy one with big box office.

I would rather Cameron take 20 years to make a great product then 3 to make a crappy one. Him taking this long means he's serious about getting it right and regardless of what it makes I'd prefer waiting and getting a great movie over a crappy one with big box office.

Cameron has never made a crappy movie Mattrek.. And judging by the countless film awards neither will this one.

You dont make back to back earth shattering films by doing crappy movies. Cameron's unheard of fanbase comes from him never screwing up and letting us down. He now has the great fan following for a director in history.

Now can he impress beyond Avatar I, with the guy helping with the writing from Apes.... Oh yes he can!!!

• Like 1

One thing's for sure, A2 will have the best legs of the big four most anticipated movies (the other three being AOU, TFA and BvS). I see at least $120m OW and at minimum a 4x multi. It's range could be anywhere from $480-700m, but I'm still leaning towards the lower end until I see a trailer.

According to a lot of online users nobody talks about Avatar, nobody remembers Avatar, so it's definitely not among those most anticipated movies.

• Like 1

I doubt it will release in 2016. if JC is pushing limits of CGI and try to do extensive underwater scenes then it will take time. My guess is 1 or 2 years delay.

I hate to say this but I agree. It's like they are still in the planning stage, a long planning stage.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1