Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

T1 made bugger all and T2 was revolutionary which aided a giant increase. What T1 wasn't was the biggest film of all time!

lol even if t1 had been, camerons t2 would have made more. From sfx to story to music and quality, it was superior to all film sequels for a decade. What happens when James Cameron'$ Avatar 2 BEATS AVATAR. What will you say about cameron next i wonder?

Was anybody surprised? The December 2016 date was never officially announced by Fox or Cameron, I think it already became increasingly clear they wouldn't be ready.

We know never officially, but hinted at strongly.

It was already unlikely it was coming out in 2016, and these dates don't really have any bearing on that. They're just placeholders, much like Avatar's vague 2016 date was.

Wasn't til recently that 2016 was off the table. These date are more than what Avatar's date was seeing as it didn't even have a date.

• Like 1

I don't think any thread gets more non-news bumps than this one.

I don't think anyone except Cameron is ballsy enough to wait 8 years, to basically let all the hype vanish during the years, to do the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

• Like 3

I don't think any thread gets more non-news bumps than this one.

I think this is semi-newsworthy. Fox just played the musical chairs release date game with a bunch of 2016 and 2017 movies, and not only was Avatar 2 not mentioned anywhere, but they put 2 different movies in December 2016.

I think it's safe to take "December 2016" out of the thread title.

I don't think anyone except Cameron is ballsy enough to wait 8 years, to basically let all the hype vanish during the years, to do the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

How long did he wait between Titanic and Avatar?

When the movie is ready, it'll be ready. And not before that.

Its not that Cameron is ballsy. Its that he is fucking Jim Cameron and his 12inchs is way down the studios throat so Fox is just like when its ready its ready. 

• Like 3

Its not that Cameron is ballsy. Its that he is fucking Jim Cameron and his 12inchs is way down the studios throat so Fox is just like when its ready its ready. 

When you have a 12inchs, you definitely have huge balls. So, my point still stands. ;)

• Like 7

I'm okay with him taking all the time he wants. It's quite refreshing to see a studio letting the movies happen as they will instead of forcing Cameron to get them out as soon as possible.

• Like 2