Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Seen some cool posts on avatar 2.  I think nefeteyi may try to have a kid in this one and if so that could make for some serious predicaments.  Especially if Jake and neteryi have to deal with commander q and some other alien races all looking to skewer our beloved heroes.  Also what will the humans bring to the table in the rematch after getting their tails kicked by Jake and the god so aeowa. 

6 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Most of December is blackout period in China, so I'm guessing Avatar 2 will have a January release like Avatar. Even if it can bypass the one month rule, screen counts are controlled more strictly for Hollywood films now. Even if it continues to run in theaters past one month, I suspect it will lose the vast majority of its screens on Chinese New Year to local blockbusters (higher priority during this coveted holiday period).

Hey kp.  Hopefully jc and Fox work things out beautifully.  I would love to see Titanic or better domestic numbers in China. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

28 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

After lurking for a while I created an account because this thread is the garbage of the forum and it's a shame.

Every other thread I go to, I see in depth analysis, real discussions about numbers and people being happy about a film great box office run.

So I came in this thread expecting something great for the sequel to the most grossing film of all time by such a quality director.

But instead I find a bunch of loonies completetly delusionnal that throw imaginary numbers out of their asses and who chase any avatar enthusiasts away.

And yes I'm looking at you the Kals...

Read again DamienRoc's post, it's exactly how I feel about boxoffice and this forum and it's full of love.

Kal has over 1600 posts in this thread which is many, many times more than than that of anyone else.  Thats why its the joke of the forums right now where everyone comes in to shitpost.  Actually, it'll stay that way as long as hes around.

And I see he already responded to you with a bunch of his usual gibberish

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

As much as i hate to say it, since usually i'm a pretty nice guy, somebody should ban Kal.

Sorry, Kal, i share your enthusiasm for all things Cameron, but you're kind of a crazy person.

why ban. You should not take this seriously. This thread and some of the posts are hilarious to read.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Kal is basically tone deaf when it comes to throwing box office numbers around for this movie cause he's Cameron and this movie's #1 Fanatical Fan for a movie that really, not a lot of people talk about, at least on this forum... STAR WARS brought this thread back to life and only because it's going to beat the movie in a matter of days and it's because of this, that Kal has gone off the deep end with citing AVATAR 2 will gross around 1.4B Domestic and he has absolutely 0 idea on just how difficult that is.. It's 1 thing to be passionate about a franchise, but let's not get stupid over it either and this is coming from someone who's not good at box office lol predicting at all.. Though, I did get my 230M OW Club for TFA right, so there's that.. That makes up for my AOU prediction..how 

Kal gets more predicts right than you bkb.  Lol

Some predict it could hit 1.7b domestic based on Cameron's multiplier and the amount of people who come out for his films.  Then there's the record br hv sales and over 55 my units sold.  Anything is possible for jc based on the reception of avtr.  My prediction is 1.1b and,  3.9b ww.  

Obviously a 170m to 220m ow or better and a Cameron multiplier would reach 1.4b or much more. Bkb I suggest you look at  jc films.  Before you open your mouth lol. You can't seem to do math or read properly bkb.  You notice all the experts expect Avatar 2 to destroy force awakens.  Don't get upset. Sws fa is merely abforgettable movie.  Avtr2 is spiritual and ww cultural phenomenon that triggers actual sense memory and true escape out of a theater.  Chances of day holding onto to the domestic are slim.  Ow record for Dec,  that one you might hold unto.  There's also the 50m strong avtr FB moviepage I posted.  Like Jimbo said neither infinity war or sws or any film has ever been anticipated like the son of Avatar.  Deal with it.  You made horrible predictions for furious 7 and jpw. So stop the madness.  Also your force awakens will beat Avatar ww and be king.  Rem everyone laughing at you in this thread.  Calm down and actually read why so many see avtr2 commanding both the domestic and ww throne. 

Facts titanic 30x multi, terminator 2= 7x multi, avatar even with snow storms piling up snow in some states up to 8-20plus feet still had a 9.8x multi. 

Haha.  

Your not in sws country  Your on Pandora!   Avengers or the force simply can't hang with Cameron.  Even with more theaters and 3d viewings you like won't beat titanic for all time 2nd place either.  Lol

Edited by Kalel009Shel

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

why ban. You should not take this seriously. This thread and some of the posts are hilarious to read.

Nah, it's way past hilarious.

It makes people antagonistic or not want to post here.

Sure, we could just all ignore him but that's never going to happen.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Elessar said:

As much as i hate to say it, since usually i'm a pretty nice guy, somebody should ban Kal.

Sorry, Kal, i share your enthusiasm for all things Cameron, but you're kind of a crazy person.

I see no reason to ban Kal eventhough he's pretty intense and a bit "out there" in this thread. He's pasionate to the bone with this movie and has' ent changed a bit since the good old BOM days...

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I see no reason to ban Kal eventhough he's pretty intense and a bit "out there" in this thread. He's pasionate to the bone with this movie and has' ent changed a bit since the good old BOM days...

He's also being rude, which is against the rules as far as i know.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

.A moment of silence and tribute.  Rip James horner.  Your the only composer who is as outstandin g as the one behind superman, Indy, sws and jp

You will always be remembered from star trek to titanic to braveheart and avatar. 

https://youtu.be/KMe5_a1z_y0

You realize he died in the summer?

18 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Passionate?  No, being passionate about something is loving something but not berating and belittling anyone with a different opinion.  And passion is not making up stats and quoting imaginary "experts" who say imaginary things.  Kal belongs in a straight jacket, not at a box office forum.  He does make this thread unbearable and he cannot allow himself to listen to anything anyone else says.  That makes him a troll, and the worst kind.

• Like 2

Those who laughed at the science thing of Avatar would look pretty dumb having a conversation with James Cameron.

Everything in Avatar is science/engineer based.

Cameron can have a detailed conversation with biologists, physicists, robotic engineers, Nasa board members (he was one), an ILM/Weta Digital animator you name it.

You have absolutely no idea how  well he is versed is so many areas, he does have an abnormal brain and he could occupy any position on a movie and do a great job at it except the music probably & of course acting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Kal has over 1600 posts in this thread which is many, many times more than than that of anyone else.  Thats why its the joke of the forums right now where everyone comes in to shitpost.  Actually, it'll stay that way as long as hes around.

And I see he already responded to you with a bunch of his usual gibberish

I still made more grand predictions that came to fruition than alot of you  silly padiones and members here like to banter with me while your no count.  Aww.  Lol

And of course im supporting my favorite director and the sequel to the film that gave me the craziest movie experience since 1997. The mere fact you keep coming back here with nothing to contribute shows your a very lonely fellow.  Good luck with that.  Lmao

Edited by Kalel009Shel

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Those who laughed at the science thing of Avatar would look pretty dumb having a conversation with James Cameron.

Everything in Avatar is science/engineer based.

Cameron can have a detailed conversation with biologists, physicists, robotic engineers, Nasa board members (he was one), an ILM/Weta Digital animator you name it.

You have absolutely no idea how  well he is versed is so many areas, he does have an abnormal brain and he could occupy any position on a movie and do a great job at it except the music probably & of course acting.

And to think he used to be a truck driver... *lol*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RascarCapat said:

After lurking for a while I created an account because this thread is the garbage of the forum and it's a shame.

Every other thread I go to, I see in depth analysis, real discussions about numbers and people being happy about a film great box office run.

So I came in this thread expecting something great for the sequel to the most grossing film of all time by such a quality director.

But instead I find a bunch of loonies completetly delusionnal that throw imaginary numbers out of their asses and who chase any avatar enthusiasts away.

And yes I'm looking at you the Kals...

Read again DamienRoc's post, it's exactly how I feel about boxoffice and this forum and it's full of love.

go to bed JJ

• Like 1