Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Kayom, Jimbo, Ethan,  chocoflies,tele and k1..Hello there.  What do you guys want to see at the rumored Avatar day ww preview like they did for juggernaut 2009.  Personally I want to see some beautiful scenes underwater,  a Lil of the plot and a mindblowin action sequence on the jaw dropping scale of the T2 truck scene diving off the expressway after john or the alien queen against Ripley sequence.  Hopefully instead of 16mins, we'll get 20-24min of breakthrough 120fps stereo 3d melt your senses Avatar day ii.  

Share your thoughts fellow Pandorians. 

I know what you mean when you mention those scenes...and yes, I agree...I'd like to see something insanely thrilling like the T2 and Aliens moments you are referencing. I'd certainly love to have a peek at the underwater footage (which I anticipate will be incredibly gorgeous), and I would also love to have a little taste of a new villain. I've been saying for the longest time that I would love to see a female villain this time. Who knows, maybe Eywa herself will somehow turn against the Na'vi. Can you imagine the fucking chaos that would be?

Avatar: Pandora Part 1 (Avatar: Pandora Part 2)

Avatar 2: Pandora Part 1 (Avatar 3: Pandora Part 2)

Jim wants to lose the name Avatar because Avatar 2 won't have any Avatars, however it feels like a bad business decision. It's Jim though so he might do it anyway.

Pandora Part 1

Jim could also use a word other than Pandora.

15 hours ago, pheerie said:

Word on the street is that no one really cares about 3D anymore. In my area, the SWTFA 2d showings were all selling out much faster and people were being forced into 3D. the newness of 3d tech is the only reason the original Avatar played as good as it did. That ship has sailed. No one really cares about Pandora or the Avatar universe. No one talks about it outside hardcore movie buffs. Unless James Cameron is bringing back Smell-O-Vision, Avatar 2 is doomed to Transformers levels of success.

Hi all, been stalking you for a bit!

the reason people don't consistently talk about Avatar like they do with typical superhero movies is because its a 6 year old movie which hasn't been shoving sequels and merchandise down our throats forcing it to be on peoples minds. No-one talks about many original break outs that far out, Inception is another example.

As for 3d, people were saying the same things 2 years ago, then Gravity surprised everyone with the format and even had a massive 3d share. Its pretty clear people will turn up for 3D if its worth seeing in that format. Avatar was loved, its 2d blueray sales prove it and its box office run proves it. Its not like it was the only 3d movie released at its time, people wont rave about a 2 and a half hour movie to their mates for images alone if they weren't invested in the story or characters, so stop talking shit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I know what you mean when you mention those scenes...and yes, I agree...I'd like to see something insanely thrilling like the T2 and Aliens moments you are referencing. I'd certainly love to have a peek at the underwater footage (which I anticipate will be incredibly gorgeous), and I would also love to have a little taste of a new villain. I've been saying for the longest time that I would love to see a female villain this time. Who knows, maybe Eywa herself will somehow turn against the Na'vi. Can you imagine the fucking chaos that would be?

I think the villain from the first movie is good enough for me. No need to go all politically correct, don't fix what isn't broken.

20 hours ago, Noctis said:

Kal, how are you doing today? Can you explain to me how Avatar would have had a $150m-$160m OW if it were not for the snowstorms?

That's ridiculous, though I love how Kal always stays calm and kind of polite whilst arguing his ridiculous theories.

23 minutes ago, Jessie said:

That's ridiculous, though I love how Kal always stays calm and kind of polite whilst arguing his ridiculous theories.

Kal is greatest.

Still no Avatar 2 production news yet, I don't want to have to wait until 2018 :ohmyzod:

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Why?? You've waited 8 Years so far, longer than it takes for most sequels to come out.. What's 1 more year???

Good point my friend, I'll survive.

The most important thing to Jim is that the trilogy is released 1 year apart from each other.

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

I think the villain from the first movie is good enough for me. No need to go all politically correct, don't fix what isn't broken.

First of all, he was skewered by two gigantic arrows that Neytiri shot at him. So, no. Let's keep him dead. Secondly, my wanting a female villain (preferably a Navi herself) has nothing to do with  "going all politically correct"; it's just something I want because I feel that it would be an interesting development. God, this whole "let's only write white male characters because otherwise, it means that it's an automatically PC move" thing is ridiculous...

• Like 1

I just hope the vilains are a bunch of black Navi that just jump around screaming GNAP GNAP!  and try to bite the blue Navi tails to turn them black.  This would pretty much be in line with the source material...

4 minutes ago, langer said:

I just hope the vilains are a bunch of black Navi that just jump around screaming GNAP GNAP!  and try to bite the blue Navi tails to turn them black.  This would pretty much be in line with the source material...

i thought in the source material they turned purple, not black ;)  but hey maybe the neon against the black will be a better effect on screen instead of the purple :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

i thought in the source material they turned purple, not black ;)  but hey maybe the neon against the black will be a better effect on screen instead of the purple :P 

In the English version they turn purple (a very dark purple though).  In the original version (french/Belgian) they turn black. 

• Like 1

Just now, langer said:

In the English version they turn purple (a very dark purple though).  In the original version (french/Belgian) they turn black. 

ah, you're right.  I forgot about the regional differences.  

Just now, 75live said:

ah, you're right.  I forgot about the regional differences.  

I didn't even know they were called the purple smurfs until 20 minutes ago though...  I might seem knowledgeable...but Google is my friend.