Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

And let me tell you this, their isn't going to be as much buzz around avatar II then there was around The Hobbit I, Starwars 7 in belgium untill atleast 1 month before the release. Cause face it there isn't a such huge apeal to movie freak that want to talk about this movie. The normal people will catch up when the release date is near but till then it won't be on the lv of first hobbit or starwars 7.

Secondly i gave avatar 6.5-7/10 It's a good movie, not great, nothing that realy wauw-ed me but it wasn't bad either.

On 2/21/2016 at 8:54 PM, IronJimbo said:

soon

Much more likely production has started and Jim wants idiots off the radar... Haha civilians to how Jim works are gullible my friend.  Same delays were intentionally put out there for titanic,  avtr and t2. May still come out in 2017?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Much more likely production has started and Jim wants idiots off the radar... Haha civilians to how Jim works are gullible my friend.  Same delays were intentionally put out there for titanic,  avtr and t2. May still come out in 2017?

You serious? Disney isn't giving up its Star Wars schedule for Avatar.

If Cameron is smart, he will wait until after Star Wars Episode 9 comes out, so it will be at least 2020 until Avatar 2. He won't want Avatar to be completely overshadowed by Star Wars which is what would happen if a SW movie and Avatar movie were released on the same year.

Edited by Mojoguy

I'm just saying, after Episode 9 comes out, the franchise will start to settle down a bit with 300-400m spinoff movies. At least until Disney decides to take a 10 year break before the next SW trilogy.

Avatar can take the spotlight again in 2020, if Cameon plays his cards right.

Jurassic World also did big numbers this past year, and I'm sure 600mil would be more than enough to keep this franchise afloat.

Assuming that rumored start date holds any water they'll probably be aiming for summer 2018. I don't imagine they'll be absolutely hellbent on a winter release

I'm sure Cameron doesn't give a rat's ass about any other movie's release date. He's deep in his own world creation, and he's not gonna come up for air until he's well into post. And at this point, he can lay fair claim to being another 800-lb gorilla in the movie world. It'll come down to Fox strategists and what they think will be best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm sure Cameron doesn't give a rat's ass about any other movie's release date. He's deep in his own world creation, and he's not gonna come up for air until he's well into post. And at this point, he can lay fair claim to being another 800-lb gorilla in the movie world. It'll come down to Fox strategists and what they think will be best.

I was just merely pointing out that he most likely doesn't have full control over the release date, either.

• Like 1