Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I'm actually in the process of making TA2 will Destroy AVATAR 2 Thread if you'll allow me to do so without locking it??? The novelty of 3D has worn off and AVATAR 2 will be nothing more than your standard sequel at that point unless were going to be introduced to 4D which I doubt, unlike TA2 which hasn't even peaked yet coming off 623M Domestically and stands MORE of a chance at beating AVATAR 2 then the other way around.. TA2 will be GREALY more Anticipated come 2015 than AVATAR 2.. You gonna let me make that thread or not???

When you make 760m you are the new star wars. It is a pretty much the most anticipated movie since TPM. 

• Like 3

Not acting or writing...

There is no subtext in Avengers script. Nada. This is just script 101, good guys vs bad guys in 3 acts without much any substance underneath the surface or relevancy in the context of our era. (If some hillbilly gung ho can rant about Avatar's liberal hippie agenda, that means it definetely tapped into something political and relevant beyond its fancy visuals). And acting wise, well, when you got 6 main protagonists, there's not much to do to develop apart somewhat funny banter between cardboard superheroes.

When you take Black Widow's character, she's a cypher and barely represented, squeezed by male counterparts who get the most screen time compared to the likes of Neytiri or Grace Augustine's character who are not fanboys wanking fantasy and more fully realized female characters.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Really?? Cause I honestly don't hear anyone outside the internet clamoring for an AVATAR 2 and Devin is right.. Unless James Cameron plans on introducing us to some new and out of this world technology to blow us away like he did AVATAR, then I'd say it's the standard sequel that's not going to be anymore special then the 1st movie and before you even bring up TA2 being the same way, TA2 is more of a setup for the next movie which really is a true continuation than Cameron having to wing this shit as he goes along..

If that is your reason, that TA was a setup for TA2 than that doesn't work.

Really?? Cause I honestly don't hear anyone outside the internet clamoring for an AVATAR 2 and Devin is right.. Unless James Cameron plans on introducing us to some new and out of this world technology to blow us away like he did AVATAR, then I'd say it's the standard sequel that's not going to be anymore special then the 1st movie and before you even bring up TA2 being the same way, TA2 is more of a setup for the next movie which really is a true continuation than Cameron having to wing this shit as he goes along..

I hear nobody outside the internet talking about Avengers 2.

You can make a thread until 6 months before the movie comes out. You can start a thread for a movie that is coming out like how there is Avatar 2 and Avenger 2 threads.

Trollolol.ZOMG.LMFAO!

OMH, you are on a roll! :bravo::worthy::rofl:

I don`t know what Avatar sequels will be like but Cameron has spotless record as far as sequels go (T2, Aliens). OTOH, I seriously hope Whedon doesn`t turn any of TA movies into Buffy Season When Stupid Little Sister Who Really Isn`t Sister Joined the Cast and the Season With That GI Joe Punk We All Hated.

My interest in Avatar sequels is purely on a technical level rather than the continuing story. And I think Cameron's smart enough to realise that'll be the case for a lot of people if he wants to make crazy money again with the franchise. Another round of 3D won't be enough, and I'm genuinely curious to see him meet the challenge.

OMH, you are on a roll! :bravo::worthy::rofl:

I don`t know what Avatar sequels will be like but Cameron has spotless record as far as sequels go (T2, Aliens). OTOH, I seriously hope Whedon doesn`t turn any of TA movies into Buffy Season When Stupid Little Sister Who Really Isn`t Sister Joined the Cast and the Season With That GI Joe Punk We All Hated.

Whedon is awful at continuing stories. Buffy became such a dreck, I was a fan of the first seasons and he turned me into a hater. I completely lost track and interest when he introduced that annoying fake lil' sister Dawn and boring Willow's love interest Amber.

Whedon is awful at continuing stories. Buffy became such a dreck, I was a fan of the first seasons and he turned me into a hater. I completely lost track and interest when he introduced that annoying fake lil' sister Dawn and boring Willow's love interest Amber.

Umm, no. Buffy didn't start to drop in quality until season 6 (which is when Whedon was less involved because he was concentrating on Firefly). The best season of Angel was the last one. Whedon knows how to set things up and pay them off later better than any writer. I have no worries about TA2. On the other hand, A2 is a big question mark for me. Cameron's last two movies had epic visuals but Lucas-level scripts. If he actually takes the time to craft some memorable characters and decent dialogue to go along with the visuals, then A2 could be great. But for me he hasn't made a completely satisfying movie since T2.

Edited by Darth Homer

Umm, no. Buffy didn't start to drop in quality until season 6 (which is when Whedon was less involved because he was concentrating on Firefly). The best season of Angel was the last one. Whedon knows how to set things up and pay them off later better than any writer.

Sorry but Dawn was an annoying little brat. And until the season finale, there was a big limp belly, Whedon or not. So if I might trust your word, Whedon is only good in the set-up (TA) and the pay-off (TA3) so TA2 will be the weakest link.

OTOH, Cameron's track record regarding sequel is perfectly neat. Aliens and T2 are ones of the best sequels ever made. So rest assured, Avatar 2 has a lot more chances of keeping track than TA2 especially knowing Whedon's flaws of keeping things tight and not meander with irrelevant things or annoying useless characters.

For me, True Lies is better than The Avengers (funnier, better paced, crowd pleasing and enjoyable on every levels, one of few role where Schwarzie is actually good in both action and comedy) even though it is considered as Cameron "worst" movie of his filmography.

So, Cameron had the advantage of having a sequel track record that told us he can pass the hurdle, he's already done that two times in the past. It's Whedon that will have to prove if he can handle that same task and surpass TA.

Edited by dashrendar44