CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

59 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Let us know how Toy Story 4 is, WITHOUT telling us very much, obviously ;)

I liked it, but it absolutely didn’t eradicate my fear that a TS4 was unnecessary. I definitely thought this was, and seeing it with the other 3 there was a bit too much retreading of themes in the franchise going on with this one. It did manage to do some new things too, but it never did quite shake the feeling of why does this exist for me. And it definitely didn’t have the emotional punch of TS3 for me. But all that said, I think they did really well considering I was someone who easily could have been ready to rip this apart. It’s the rung below top tier Pixar for me, which is where the first is as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

see, i told you guys, that's three negative reviews in a row from members here. debating on if i should even see it still

But I liked it. Moreso than the 1st but not as much as 2/3. 

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I liked it, but it absolutely didn’t eradicate my fear that a TS4 was unnecessary. I definitely thought this was, and seeing it with the other 3 there was a bit too much retreading of themes in the franchise going on with this one. It did manage to do some new things too, but it never did quite shake the feeling of why does this exist for me. And it definitely didn’t have the emotional punch of TS3 for me. But all that said, I think they did really well considering I was someone who easily could have been ready to rip this apart. It’s the rung below top tier Pixar for me, which is where the first is as well. 

Spoiler

That and the villain was weak.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

see, i told you guys, that's three negative reviews in a row from members here. debating on if i should even see it still

It doesn’t need to exist, but it does and it’s a good movie. Just don’t go into it expecting it to elevate the franchise to new heights and you might like it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It doesn’t need to exist, but it does and it’s a good movie. Just don’t go into it expecting it to elevate the franchise to new heights and you might like it. 

i mean hot take, until the last third, toy story 3 does nothing to elevate the franchise and even then, the existence of this film undoes that elevation inherently lol

It’s easily the best animated film of the year though. As for ranking, it and Wall-E (need to rewatch as it’s been a while and people were triggered by my comment of Wall-E being good but not a masterpiece) and Cars 3 are having a fierce fight for #11 on the Pixar list

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

i mean hot take, until the last third, toy story 3 does nothing to elevate the franchise and even then, the existence of this film undoes that elevation inherently lol

Maybe, but TS3 never had me thinking “this doesn’t need to exist.” This did. But that’s NOT me saying it’s a bad movie. I just don’t think it’s top tier Pixar and the ecstatic reviews are a tad surprising to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

Cars 3 quality???

Jesus Christ. Maybe I should skip this

Wall-E (overrated) and Cars 3 (sports movie lover and y’all sleep on it) and This are on the same quality level to me as I enjoyed the hell out of all three of those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

3.5/5 is a bad toy story movie, you're argument holds no weight here

Lol your being funny here right. @Spaghetti is saying he likes this movie. But he likes the first 3 more than this one.  How is that a negative? BTW he didn't say this was a 3.5/5.  Most likely if the considered the other 3 around 4.5/5. Then this is like a 4.25/5. 

• ...wtf 1