CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

11 hours ago, LateReg said:

If you're talking about Kyle Smith, he's the opposite of edgy. He's an extremely conservative critic with, in my opinion, very safe, middle of the road taste.

hoping for the animation OW record..go pixar !!

14 minutes ago, Avatree said:

adjusted for inflation shrek 2 still holds the opening record at 187M, good luck Toy Story beating that. 

Where do you get that number? 

According to BOM, Shrek 2 ow (adjusted) is $156,7M

Row Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adj. Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Date
1 3 Incredibles 2 BV $597,356,200 4,410 $175,481,700 4,410 6/15/18
2 12 Shrek the Third
(CG)
P/DW $422,631,800 4,172 $159,284,800 4,122 5/18/07
3 2 Shrek 2
(CG)
DW $640,168,900 4,223 $156,750,600 4,163 5/19/04
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

So does that mean the figure that you cited is for a 5-day OW?

3 day is $156m adjusted / $187m is 5 day adjusted  (I remember when people were freaking out b/c the Wed OD was so small)

Incredibles 2 already beat those 3 and 5 day adjusted numbers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

3 day is $156m adjusted / $187m is 5 day adjusted  (I remember when people were freaking out b/c the Wed OD was so small)

Incredibles 2 already beat those 3 and 5 day adjusted numbers

Incredibles did 182m i believe? If you adjust for inflation its only 175m.:Venom:

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Incredibles did 182m i believe? If you adjust for inflation its only 175m.:Venom:

Adjusted or not it's in THREE Days (5 days is $233m or adjusted down to $224m)

This isn't the UK, we don't pretend 5 day openings are equivalent to 3 day openings.  😛

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Do you know how your comparison sound? It's very illogical to compare a 3-day OW to a 5-day OW. Why not take I2's first 5 days as well, and then compare it to Shrek 2's 5-day opening? And now you want TS4's 3-day opening to beat Shrek 2's 5-day? Lol

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Adjusted or not it's in THREE Days (5 days is $233m or adjusted down to $224m)

This isn't the UK, we don't pretend 5 day openings are equivalent to 3 day openings.  😛

ANYTHING GROSSED BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY IS OPENING WEEKEND! FACT!

I remember a couple years ago there was one film that had 9 full days count towards its opening weekend, think it was one of the hotel transylvanias. amazing what bullshit the distributors pull when it comes to counting the numbers. 

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I remember a couple years ago there was one film that had 9 full days count towards its opening weekend, think it was one of the hotel transylvanias. amazing what bullshit the distributors pull when it comes to counting the numbers. 

But then, when your favorite film's 5-day OW outgrossed another film's 3-day OW, you couldn't properly celebrate knowing full well that the comparison is not fair.

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

Welp... Guess that new Spidey has a shot at the #3 OW DOM all-time then.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Welp... Guess that new Spidey has a shot at the #3 OW DOM all-time then.

You should have been here when Spectre opened to the equivalent of $400M opening weekend.